addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

MY SISTER'S KEEPER Women's Social Group of L.A. and SFV Message Board › New screwed up Meetup format

New screwed up Meetup format

Carol
user 2707697
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 51
I guess the Meetup owners have never heard the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". As you will notice soon enough, they've deleted photos, added prices to events that had no cost, put up google maps (how inviting, ha ha), made event suggestions into actual events, etc., etc., it is difficult to navigate and respond to.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, if something doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask questions, until we get it all straightened out. Hopefully you'll be able to get the important basics of the events, etc., but we'll need to do some work on the site so it makes sense again.

Thanks for your patience.

Carol
A former member
Post #: 5
One of my Meetup groups sent this email out today. OMG!

Your Organizer, Chris, sent the following message to some members of Blank Blank Blank:

This meet is now on hold due to the changes made to the format by Meetup. I will keep you all updated.

Almost all organizers are in revolt over these changes. We are waiting for the Meetup staffs response.

Carol
user 2707697
Pasadena, CA
Post #: 53
Interesting....................

I am just as furious. A little calmer now that I made some changes, but darn, they sure took the friendly, photo driven image out of it, and I wasn't able to change the color of print on event descriptions - it's all washed out gray.

I like the idea of a protest but meanwhile, I wanna have fun with my sisters!
Annette K.
Annette419
West Hollywood, CA
Post #: 7
Apparently Meetup has been talking to Facebook or something. Grrrr.

You said it: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
A former member
Post #: 7
That's right! No need to stop the fun on their account.

I've been reading up on some of the Q & A's trying to figure things out. Hopefully in time, it will get better and we'll all have it figured out.

See ya soon!

Oh.....P.S. I don't want to get up in front of everyone. I get too nervous! crying