The Silicon Valley MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › MySQL Data Warehouse Developer

MySQL Data Warehouse Developer

A former member
Post #: 14
Hi Group!

Thanks for reading my message. I wanted to network with you all fine people although probably many of you are not on the market I have a very exciting position with a start-up client of mine. Perhaps your at least open minded to hearing whats out there.

To let you know a bit about my client they have gone through Series A and B funding. They turned a profit beginning in December 2009 and were profitable throughout 2010. The company is on track to grow its revenue between $25 million and $30 million in 2011. They offer a GREAT benefit package and an awesome work environment. Currently there is only about 35 people at the company so you will definitely have an opportunity to make a HUGE impact on the team.

In the day to day role you would be responsible to:

Analyze source system data to understand the data structure, definitions and anomalies.
Interact with other technical team members to establish ETL requirements and designs.
Design, develop and implement data warehouse data load (ETL - Extract, Transform and Load) processes and procedures for an Enterprise Data Warehouse solution.
Program in SQL (MySQL database) to perform the data query, extract, transformation and load functions.
Document data warehouse data load designs in a clear and concise manner.
Participate in the testing and implementation of new or enhanced - data warehouse data load processes and procedures.
Estimate time and cost required to accomplish projects.
Support the nightly data warehouse jobs and processes and resolves production data load issues as they occur.

If you have whats listed below, you would make an awesome candidate.

Knowledge of the development and delivery of business intelligence and data warehouse solutions.
Knowledge of OLAP, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, and Multi-Dimensional schemas and process designs.
Knowledge of Denormalized and Reporting table database modeling techniques.
Strong Data Warehouse Data Load Design and Development skills.
Strong SQL query (MySQL database), SQL DML (Data Manipulation Language) and relational database design skills.
Ability to clearly and concisely document all Data Warehouse Load and SQL processes and Job and Scheduling information.
Ability to read, interpret and develop Data Flow Diagrams.
Good communicator both oral and written.

The position is located in the South Bay and I would love to provide you with more information.

Oh and if you have a friend you think might be a good fit please forward my email.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

-Albert Rios
arios (at) ryzen DOT com