The Boston MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › Kiva Systems/Amazon Sr Software Engineer
Kiva Systems was recently acquired by Amazon.com and we are continuing to experience high growth. Kiva Systems, Inc. uses game-changing automation technology for distribution centers that helps companies simplify operations and reduce costs while increasing strategic flexibility. Using hundreds of autonomous mobile robots and sophisticated control software, the Kiva Mobile-robotic Fulfillment System enables extremely fast cycle times with reduced labor requirements, from receiving to picking to shipping.
For our fast growing engineering team, Kiva is seeking a talented and motivated software engineer with interest and experience in design and implementation of our back-end database layer technology, configuration and framework-centric system architectures. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in Java concurrency and caching layers, possess strong communication skills, and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• BS/MS in CS with 8+ years of experience in multithreaded, distributed system design and architecture
• Strong skills/experience working with J2EE, Hibernate (or JDA) and MySQL (or other relational database)
• Experience with Java concurrency and threading
• Experience working with third-party libraries
• Excellent testing and debugging skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment - previous startup experience a plus
• A sense of humor and willingness to learn new things
Other nice to have qualifications include:
• Experience with one or more of the following:
o Spring, Python, JAXB2
Please send your resume and/or contact Jennifer: firstname.lastname@example.org