The Boston MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › Full time - MySQL DBA position at Constant Contact.
|A former member||
My name is Eric Meyer and I recently started at Constant Contact as a sourcer / recruiter. We are currently looking for a MySQL DBA for our Waltham office, below is a description of the position. Please email me directly at emeyer@constantcontactdotcom if you are interested.
MySQL Database Administrator
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses, associations, and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Launched in 1998, Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides them with an easy and affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Constant Contact's leading email marketing and survey products—supported by our expert personal coaching and service—help all types of small businesses and organizations create professional-looking email newsletters and insightful online surveys, and begin a dialogue with their customers. Today, more than 350,000 customers worldwide trust Constant Contact to help them connect with their audience.
Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with an additional office in Loveland, Colo., Constant Contact was named Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council "Company of the Year" in 2008 and is ranked as the 14th fastest growing company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for New England list.
Constant Contact is looking for a smart, creative and energetic professional to join our Database Services Team. This team supports a wide variety of development, QA and production databases using , DB2 UDB, Oracle and MySQL.
We are currently looking for someone who has experience in implementing and managing an enterprise level MySQL installation but who is also willing to learn and support other DBMS's.
• Provide DBA services including installations, backups, loads, and schema alterations for all Constant Contact production and QA databases
• Contribute to database planning efforts such as disaster recovery design, tool selection, warehousing and scaling initiatives
• Assist with customer support and production issues as necessary
• Provide SQL and data model expertise to Business Analysts and other data mining users
• Mentors more junior DBA's.
• Assists and develops internal DBA standards
• Develops operating specific (Unix/Linux) scripts to automate DBA functions.
• Develop and implement MySQL database standards and infrastructure
• B.S. Computer Science or equivalent
• 3-5+ years industry experience managing MySQL databases
• Desire to work with DB2 UDB, Oracle, and other DBMS as required
• Excellent knowledge of Structured Query Language
• Experience working on Linux/Unix
• Familiarity with shell programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Team oriented
• Previous experience with another DBMS
• Previous experience converting other DBMS's to MySQL
• Experience with MySQL (or other) replication
• Experience with MySQL usage as an "enterprise" database
Edited by User 12,578,183 on Jul 28, 2010 2:45 PM