The Boston MySQL Meetup Group Message Board › MySQL DBA (Woburn, Ma)
|A former member||
I am working with a company north of Woburn that is looking for a MySQL DBA. I thought this would be a great site for networking for this type of position. If you know of anyone or if anyone may be of interest you can feel free to send me an updated resume at the email address below. I would be glad to speak with you further about more details.
Thanks for your help.
In this position, you will be supporting multiple large databases. We serve millions of requests every day and require our database architecture to run flawlessly. Skill sets required include being proficient in SQL code development, database infrastructure architecture ( replication & backups ) and also operational support.
Essential duties include...
* Support development team with clean, efficient & scalable SQL code
* Analyze DB performance
* Engineer backup/recovery strategies and associated scripts
* Assure replication integrity
* Configure DB hardware/software
* Capacity planning
* Develop data cleanup/archiving scripts
* Maintain & monitor DB uptime/performance monitoring tools
* Assure high-availability
* Assist with rotating on-call support
Education and Training
* BS or BA degree preferred
* At least 3 years of experience with high volume, high availability database environment
* Experience with MySQL required
* General Linux & Windows understanding preferred
* General scripting skills ( bash, perl, php, etc.. ) preferred