November 18, 2009 · 6:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
MongoDB, high-performance SQL-free database
Presented by Dwight Merriman, CEO of 10gen, Chairman & Co-Founder of AlleyCorp and Co-Founder of DoubleClick This will be a joint-Meetup with 6-groups (
2000+ members!), so the networking opportunities will be outstanding!
Dwight is one of the leading engineering minds in the Interactive industry, possessing a particular knack for solving the most complex problems. In 1995,
Dwight co-founded DoubleClick and served as its CTO for ten years. Dwight was the architect of the DoubleClick ad serving infrastructure, DART, which serves tens of billions of ads per day. Dwight is Co-Founder, Chairman, and the
original architect of Panther Express (now part of CDNetworks) a content distribution network (CDN) technology which serves hundreds of thousands of objects per second. Dwight is also
Co-Founder of ShopWiki, at which he serves as chairman.
Special thanks to our newest sponsor
Microsoft Windows 7!!! This exceptional event is made possible by
Vork, the enterprise PHP framework designed for
rapid development of performance-oriented scalable applications
- Vork has no learning curve! No proprietary syntax or terminology to learn! PHP developers can use Vork productively within minutes!
- Tools for: PayPal, Amazon, UPS, YouTube, Twitter, URL shortening, QR codes, credit card processing, mutlilingual forms with phonetic-keyboard input, tag clouds, wiki, RSS, Adobe Flash, WYSIWYG textareas + Google: Maps, Charts, Analytics, Sitemap, Payments, Translate & AdSense
- Scalable + High-Performance: Vork footprint is nearly-transparent, universal database support without slow/unscalable abstraction layers, DB tools to enforce security & maximize SQL-statement efficiency, support for separate read/write multi-database configurations + Vork efficiently loads only the code & objects needed for the instance and nothing more!
- Built-in support for: MongoDB, Amazon RDS, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase, SQLite, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server
- Standards-Compliant: produces XHTML 1.1 adhering to accessibility standards (Section 508 & W3C WAI,) full MVC stack including layouts & components, cross-browser display consistency via CSS-reset, open-source object-oriented PHP 5 code (fully-documented!) + SEO-optimized URL format
This MySQL event will very-appropriately take place at Sun Microsystems, 101 Park Avenue (corner of 40th St.) on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009 Power-Networking at 6:15pm Presentation starts at 6:45pm PLEASE NOTE: RSVP MUST INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME!
Sun Microsystems security will ask for ID which must match the RSVP (first & last name required.)