Jr. & Sr. QA Engineer, Brooklyn, NY | 65 & 80k
This is a full time, on-site, salaried position located in Brooklyn, NY
(Zip: 11201). Locals only please.
Our client is the largest privately held online health company and which
attracts over 25 million unique users per month across 24 sites, making
it the largest health network on the web.
The key to this is there looking a junior programmer or scripter (1-2
years) who would like to go into QA manual testing field. Down the line
they will be doing automated also but for right now its manual testing.
Most of the web apps are written in .net and ruby. They are willing to
teach this person those skills. So basically, they need a sharp junior
person with good communication skills.
For this role there looking for someone a little more senior. Would like
them to have white box testing background. Experience with Automated
testing (some of their areas use QTP but this section hasn't determined
if they are going to use that as there automation tool). Strong Load
and performance testing skills. Be able to write test scripts. Most of
the testing is on web based apps written in .net and ruby. This person
will be hands on and will be testing frameworks and writing scripts. 3-5
years of experience.
* Must have exposure to programming/scripting either in academics or
hands on experience
* Must have good knowledge on web applications and the software
components involved in it
* Must have Web application testing experience for a minimum of 2 to 3
* Exposure to some open source tools and how we could customize to fit
our testing needs is a plus
* Database knowledge, preferably MS-SQL Server is a plus
* Strong verbal and written communications
* Great Team player
* Designing and executing test plans and test cases for existing and new
* Contribute to test automation effort by writing test scripts for
functional, load and performance testing
* Working closely across the engineering team to develop great products
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related
* Around 3 years of software product development life cycle experience
Candidate should be prepared to take a test on programming / scripting
at the interview.
To be considered, please submit your resume and your salary requirements
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing