MongoDB, high-performance SQL-free databasePresented by Dwight Merriman, CEO of 10gen, Chairman & Co-Founder of AlleyCorp and Co-Founder of DoubleClick
This will be a joint-Meetup with 5-groups (1700+
members!), so the networking opportunities will be outstanding!Dwight is one of the leading engineering minds in the Interactive industry
, possessing a particular knack for solving the most complex problems.
In 1995, Dwight co-founded DoubleClick and served as its CTO for ten years
. Dwight was the architect of the DoubleClick ad serving infrastructure, DART, which serves tens of billions of ads per day. Dwight is Co-Founder, Chairman, and the original architect of Panther Express (now part of CDNetworks)
a content distribution network (CDN) technology which serves hundreds of thousands of objects per second. Dwight is also Co-Founder of ShopWiki
, at which he serves as chairman.Special thanks to our newest sponsor Microsoft Windows 7
This exceptional event is made possible by Vork, the enterprise PHP framework
designed for rapid development of performance-oriented scalable applications
- Vork has no learning curve! No proprietary syntax or terminology to learn! PHP developers can use Vork productively within minutes!
- Tools for: PayPal, Amazon, UPS, YouTube, Twitter, URL shortening, QR codes, credit card processing, mutlilingual forms with phonetic-keyboard input, tag clouds, wiki, RSS, Adobe Flash, WYSIWYG textareas + Google: Maps, Charts, Analytics, Sitemap, Payments, Translate & AdSense
- Scalable + High-Performance: Vork footprint is nearly-transparent, universal database support without slow/unscalable abstraction layers, DB tools to enforce security & maximize SQL-statement efficiency, support for separate read/write multi-database configurations + Vork efficiently loads only the code & objects needed for the instance and nothing more!
- Built-in support for: MongoDB, Amazon RDS, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase, SQLite, IBM DB2 and MS SQL Server
- Standards-Compliant: produces XHTML 1.1 adhering to accessibility standards (Section 508 & W3C WAI,) full MVC stack including layouts & components, cross-browser display consistency via CSS-reset, open-source object-oriented PHP 5 code (fully-documented!) + SEO-optimized URL format
This MySQL event will very-appropriately take place at Sun Microsystems, 101 Park Avenue (corner of 40th St.) on Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009
Power-Networking at 6:15pm
Presentation starts at 6:45pm
PLEASE NOTE: RSVP MUST INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME!
Sun Microsystems security will ask for ID which must match the RSVP (first & last name required.)
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/mysqlnyc/calendar/11739524/