A former member
Post #: 1
Hi there,

I'm looking to set up an e-commerce site with WordPress, likely a plug-in. There are a lot of options out there and its a bit overwhelming. I'm looking for some advice or to understand the experience others have had with WP stores.

I'm hoping to be able to link products to a distribution list and send emails to customers automatically. One of the major items would be gift certificates. We are hoping to have a whole info gathering page for certificates that is a little complex.

SO I'm wondering if I'm looking in the wrong place for e-commerce. If WP can do this I'm wondering what the best solution is and perhaps tips for locating a great developer. Apologies for my lengthy message. Thanks.
Becky D.
beckydavisdesign
Chicago, IL
Post #: 32
Jake,

I'm just finishing up a WP ecommerce site using the WP ecommerce plugin with gold cart. Their tech support is not stellar, but I have managed to get it to do most of what I wanted, including auto-replies after purchase etc. I'm not clear on what you want to do with the gift certificates, but you're certainly welcome to contact me for more info.

Thanks,
Becky
beckydavisdesign.com
A former member
Post #: 15
Hello Jake,

There are a few options for WordPress eCommerce. Most of it boils down to your company's selling structure and what you're looking for. Some of them do everything you need right out of the box, while sometimes they may need a developer to tack on some pieces. I used the Shopp plugin once for a project and it was terrible, so make sure you avoid it.
Michael Yublosky, ...
MichaelYublosky
Buffalo Grove, IL
Post #: 67
Read some nice stuff about ECWID but have never tried it. I myself am not an aficionado of shopping carts.