add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Chicago WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › Newbies...Watch Out For Spammers On Your WordPress Site

Newbies...Watch Out For Spammers On Your WordPress Site

Michael Yublosky, ...
Buffalo Grove, IL
Post #: 69
I run across many out there in land unaware that Akismet, the automatic spam filter, that comes with is not included with automatically. Purchase of an API code is required to activate on a hosted site unless you already have one from a site to add to. Read more on my blog article: Keep Your Guard Up..

Additionally I always suggest to that my clients and people I tutor on WordPress to set up all blog comments for moderation prior to publishing. That way you can catch the sneaky spammers looking only for a back link. Found on left sidebar of your Dashboard: Settings > Discussion. As always, remember to scroll down and < Save Changes>.