Chicago WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › December Meetup: Using Google Tools & Facebook to Promote Your WordPress Site

December Meetup: Using Google Tools & Facebook to Promote Your WordPress Site

Edmund Dantes H.
EdmundDantes45
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new Meetup for The Chicago WordPress Meetup Group!

What: December Meetup: Using Google Tools & Facebook to Promote Your WordPress Site

When: December 5, 2009 2:30 PM

Where:
OfficePort CHI

9 West Washington 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60602
312-551-5811
(Instructional signs will be posted on front door for entry.)

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays!

Welcome new members of Chicago WordPress Meetup Group and thanks to all attendees of the 1-Day WordPress Workshop. The next Workshop event will be in January 2010, details soon. For now we have a regular meetup and upcoming social event coming your way in December.

December 2009 Meetup

Are you looking to promote and advertise your WordPress website or blog? Maybe you have a small budget for some online advertising but don't know the mechanics of getting started? Always wanted to setup a Facebook Fan page but don't know how to do that or how to advertise it once it's setup and running? Are you still using the plain Gmail account when you have a domain name registered for your WordPress website or blog and don't have Google Applications (Email, Calendar, Docs, Sites) running on that domain?

If you answered yes to any of the above this crash course is for you.

Date and Location:

Here's what we will explore in about 2.5 hours on Saturday, December 5, 2009 from 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM at OfficePort CHI located in the loop at State and Washington Streets:

• Installing Google Applications on Your WordPress website or blog domain (requires web hosting account access)
  • Setting up Google AdWords and Facebook Ads to Promote your WordPress website or blog for little or no money!
  • Setting up your very own Facebook Fan Page for your WordPress website or blog

What to Bring:

• Laptop and power strip (so you can plug in cell, laptop, etc)
  • Web Hosting Account Information (main account user name, password, control panel user name, password)
  • Wear a warm sweater or pullover (it is a bit drafty at OfficePort CHI)

What You'll Get:

• Free coffee, unlimited
  • Free Wi-Fi connection
  • Discounted parking ONLY if you park in designated lot (see below)

Discounted Parking Available

If you drive into the Loop and attend the December Meetup I can provide you with a card that reduces the rate to $14. You MUST park at the below parking garage and show proof of parking to obtain the discount card from me:

InterParking THEATRE DISTRICT Self Park
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Telephone (312) 368-9090

The above lot is about 1 block away from OfficePort CHI. The discount rate is good for up to 24 hours.

This Meetup was originally anticipated for October 2009, but due to some heating issues at OfficePort CHI it was not officially scheduled and no October meeting took place.

Questions

If you have any questions about the December 2009 Meetup drop me an email and I will reply more quickly than in the past few months. Or you can call me on my cell at 312-446-7600. If you previously emailed me and received no response please accept my sincerest apologies as I am backlogged since September due to Workshop planning (but catching up slowly). Thanks for your patience.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day.

See you in December!

Dante Hamilton,
Organizer
Chicago WordPress Meetup Group

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­
Sheli L.
user 9120744
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
I intend to be there.
Sheli
Gary G.
GaryGilbert
Arlington Heights, IL
Post #: 1
I ran across a web link to this conference on SES
http://www.searchengi...­

gary

Edmund Dantes H.
EdmundDantes45
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 14
Thanks Gary! I emailed the group as a result of your recommendation on this event. Thanks for sharing this information Gary!

Dante