addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › WordPress w/ yahoo small business hosting

WordPress w/ yahoo small business hosting

bettina d.
user 3959615
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I am interested in the pro/con's of using yahoo as a WordPress hosting and internet provider
<or> your recommendation for a better hosting provider. thanks for your feedback.
Michael Yublosky, ...
MichaelYublosky
Buffalo Grove, IL
Post #: 61
I do not get good vibes for hosting anything through Yahoo sites. Cannot optimize for search engines.

Have personally had problems with WordPress sites on GoDaddy - advise you to stay away.

As far as WordPress hosting on other sites goes I hear accolades about Host Gator yet have tested them out using a newbie (my wife) to the result that I pulled two Web sites off within the 30 days guarantee window. You need more than a basic knowledge.

WordPress itself lists BlueHost as a partner. I concur this is an excellent site for newbies. I tell why on an affiliate page http://diywebjem.com/...­ Included in their very reasonable rate is a domain name with private registration to keep your name, address and phone off of the public records.

Note If you click through and make a purchase I do make a commission. In return I do help with the initial set up including guides to getting indexed by Google, how tos and a list of my most recommended theme, widgets, plugins and whys. For an additional small fee I also aid in setting up pages and advice on keyword research and search engine optimization.

Please feel free to private email me for more information.

Michael

A former member
Post #: 11
I am interested in the pro/con's of using yahoo as a WordPress hosting and internet provider
<or> your recommendation for a better hosting provider. thanks for your feedback.

I would avoid using Yahoo. You should probably host with a company like BlueHost or Media Temple (which provide premium hosting and speed). Also, once you settle with a host, it can takes hours to transfer to a different one.