Movie: Pacific Rim
Location: Regal Gallery Place in Chinatown
Date: Tuesday, July 9th
When RSVPing, you must answer the 3 questions, asking for your name, your email address and your team name. Not answering the 3 questions will result in your RSVP being removed.
If you don't see the 3 questions, you will need to RSVP from a non-mobile device or view the non-mobile version of the Meetup.com website on your mobile device.
From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes “Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures Pacific Rim.”
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end.
To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Oscar® nominee Guillermo del Toro (“Pan’s Labyrinth”) is directing the epic sci-fi action adventure from a script by Travis Beacham (“Clash of the Titans”) and del Toro, story by Beacham. Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, del Toro and Mary Parent are producing, with Callum Greene serving as executive producer.
The film stars Charlie Hunnam (TV’s “Sons of Anarchy”), Idris Elba (“Thor”), Rinko Kikuchi (“The Brothers Bloom”), Charlie Day (“Horrible Bosses”), and Ron Perlman (the “Hellboy” films). The ensemble cast also includes Robert Kazinsky, Max Martini, Clifton Collins, Jr., Burn Gorman, Larry Joe Campbell, Brad William Henke and Diego Klattenhoff.
Del Toro’s behind-the-scenes team includes Academy Award®-winning director of photography Guillermo Navarro, production designer Andrew Neskoromny, editor Peter Amundson, and costume designer Kate Hawley.
Slated for release July 12, 2013, the film is a presentation of Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
CONDITIONS TO ATTEND THIS SCREENING
The following are the conditions to RSVPing for a NAKID movie screening.
- NAKID Members Only. These screening passes are ONLY available to Summer 2013 members of NAKID Social Sports - that means that you've visited www.playnakid.com and registered for a team for our Summer 2013 season. Each person is permitted to bring one guest and that guest may be in NAKID or not (your choice).
- Answer the Questions. When RSVPing, you MUST answer the three (3) questions, asking for your first & last name, your email address, and what team you're on. If you're not seeing the three questions, please try RSVPing via a regular web browser - not a mobile web browser.
- Show Up For the Movie. If you RSVP yes, you must show up for the screening. Repeatedly RSVPing Yes for screenings and not showing up may result in you being completely removed from our Meetup group.
If you do not meet these conditions, your RSVP will be removed and you may be completely removed from our Meetup group. Please email [masked] if you have further questions/concerns.
Also, for some of our movie screenings, the promotional company or theater may not allow electronic devices (phones, cameras, video recorders) into the theater. If that happens, they'll have a ticket-based system for holding onto your phone and retrieving it after the movie.
HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS
As with all of our free movie screenings, entry is NOT guaranteed and they are often overbooked to ensure the theater fills to capacity, so please arrive early to the theater.
We will provide a code the day before the screening. You will need access to a printer to print tickets for this movie screening. You will need to visit the Gofobo.com website, enter in the code we provide, select the number of tickets that you selected on this Meetup page, and print your ticket(s). The Gofobo code will be provided the day before the screening.
Bring the printed ticket(s) to the theater, arriving as early as you can, hop in line and someone will point you in the right direction to see the movie. You may not select to print more tickets than what you RSVP'd for on Meetup. Failure to adhere to this may result in you being banned from all future NAKID movie screenings.
TIMES TO KNOW
These are the times we recommend you plan on, to help ensure entry into the movie.
- 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - We strongly recommend getting to the theater between these times. Other groups also get passes, so the earlier you get to the theater, the more likely it is you will get in to see the movie. Please remember that entry is not guaranteed!
- 7:00 PM - Movie start time.
Entry isn't guaranteed at these screenings. We get enough comments about this that we mention it four times.