Movie: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Location: Gallery Place in Chinatown
Date: Monday, December 10th
When RSVPing, you must answer the 3 questions, asking for your name, your email address and your team name. Not answering the 3 questions will result in your RSVP being removed.
If you don't see the 3 questions, you will need to RSVP from a non-mobile device or view the non-mobile version of the Meetup.com website on your mobile device.
In Real D 3D, HFR 3D and IMAX 3D December 14
In Theaters Friday, December 14.
The adventure follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Sorcerers.
Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever… Gollum.
Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of ingenuity and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum’s “precious” ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities… A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.
CONDITIONS TO ATTEND THIS SCREENING
The following are the conditions to RSVPing for a NAKID movie screening.
- NAKID Members Only. These screening passes are ONLY available to Fall 2012 or Winter 2013 members of NAKID Social Sports - that means that you've visited www.playnakid.com and registered for a team for our Fall 2012 or Winter 2013 season. Each person is permitted to bring one guest and that guest may be in NAKID or not (your choice).
- Answer the Questions. When RSVPing, you MUST answer the three (3) questions, asking for your first & last name, your email address, and what team you're on. If you're not seeing the three questions, please try RSVPing via a regular web browser - not a mobile web browser.
- Show Up For the Movie. If you RSVP yes, you must show up for the screening. Repeatedly RSVPing Yes for screenings and not showing up may result in you being completely removed from our Meetup group.
If you do not meet these conditions, your RSVP will be removed and you may be completely removed from our Meetup group. Please email [masked] if you have further questions/concerns.
Also, for some of our movie screenings, the promotional company or theater may not allow electronic devices (phones, cameras, video recorders) into the theater. If that happens, they'll have a ticket-based system for holding onto your phone and retrieving it after the movie.
HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS
As with all of our free movie screenings, entry is NOT guaranteed and they are often overbooked to ensure the theater fills to capacity, so please arrive early to the theater.
We will be at the theater, handing out tickets to those that RSVP'd. Arrive to the theater as early as you can, hop in line and someone will point you in the right direction to see the movie. You may not select to bring more people than what you RSVP'd for on Meetup. Failure to adhere to this may result in you being banned from all future NAKID movie screenings.
TIMES TO KNOW
These are the times we recommend you plan on, to help ensure entry into the movie.
- 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM - We strongly recommend getting to the theater between these times. Other groups also get passes, so the earlier you get to the theater, the more likely it is you will get in to see the movie. Please remember that entry is not guaranteed!
- 7:00 PM - Movie start time.
Entry isn't guaranteed at these screenings. We get enough comments about this that we mention it four times.