May 14, 2014 · 6:00 PM
Time: 6PM Location: Emma Bistro Speaker: Jason Orendorff
Jason Orendorff / ES6 Generators and the Prisoner's Dilemma
This month, Jason Orendorff presents *ES6 Generators and the Prisoner's Dilemma*.
Generators are a crazy new language feature coming soon to browsers everywhere. They're hard to explain. In short they're useful for turning your inside-out code inside-in. (Because that's where the inside of your code should be. On the inside. It's too messy the other way.)
The Prisoner's Dilemma is a very simple game of cooperation, calculation, and betrayal for two players... or many.
This one the most ambitious things we've done for NashJS. If it all goes according to plan, you'll get a tutorial and hands-on experience with both topics.
You should show up for this one if:
• you know about generators and want to see how they'll work in JS
• or, you don't know anything about generators and you like learning new things
• you like a little friendly competition
• or, you think working together is better than competition
• you want to see something cool
• or, you want to see a couple of hackers debug their code under pressure
You'll need either Firefox or Chrome to participate.