addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Nash.rb Message Board › Hello from Memphis-based Startup

Hello from Memphis-based Startup

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Guys,

I've been a passive member of this group for quite a while, but haven't actually had the opportunity to make the trip to Nashville to meet any of you.

I'm an amateur developer and have been working with Rails for a couple of years now. I started just for fun and to learn a bit, and it's been a great experience. Now I'm one of the co-founders of a company called Work for Pie, the purpose of which is to give software developers, and especially developers who do a lot of open source work, an online portfolio. Think of it as the anti-resume--an alternative for the folks who actually build things, rather than just talk about it.

I would really appreciate it if some of you would give it a try. I respect your opinions, and would love to have some feedback about what you like and what you don't. Keep in mind that we're still extremely early in our release cycle, and there are a lot of things we hope to improve over the coming days and weeks (I wouldn't try to access via IE right now, or maybe ever). Oh, and I should probably mention that it's built in Django. :( My co-founder is an exponentially better programmer than I am, and he's a Django guy, so that framework won out.

We're in private beta right now, so you'll have to go to and register, and then we'll turn around your invite in fairly short order.

If reaching out via this medium isn't Kosher, please ignore and accept my apologies. I'm not sure about the unwritten rules for this sort of thing and certainly don't want to seem spammy. Otherwise, enjoy! I look forward to hearing from you!

Josh C.
Nashville, TN
Post #: 20
You are definitely welcome to post.

I signed up for the private beta.