Nash.rb Message Board › Moving

Moving

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi,

I live in Sydney, Australia and my wife is from Chattanooga. We plan to move to the US towards the end of the year. She would like to live in the South but we will go where I can find work. I’m currently working in-house on a custom CRM using Rails, Sinatra and DCI.

What is Nashville like for ruby developers? Which other cities do you think are worth a look?

Thanks for your help.
Josh C.
joshcrews
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 24
Nashville has really heated up for demand for Ruby developers. It looks like multiple companies are struggling to fill positions.

You are welcome to test the market by doing this: email ruby-110@meetup.com with what you just said, and add 'is anybody hiring?', and people will want to talk to you.

Other cities: this city is a pain, but Atlanta has a largish Ruby community. Austin is nice and has a large Ruby community. Not Birmingham, not Chattagnooga, but if you love Chattanooga you'll still be able to find work.

I can follow up more about why you probably won't like Atlanta if you are interested.
A former member
Post #: 2
Ha, my wife is not very keen on Atlanta either. I have looked at Austin in the past, I heard good things but I did not find a group as friendly as this one.

Thanks.