Nash.rb Message Board › Real World Solutions

Real World Solutions

A former member
Post #: 8
Hey group. I'm preparing our next meetup for September and have noticed many developers just starting out with Ruby on Rails. I've met with several of you personally, and you've all expressed an interest in learning more about ruby on rails, which is the primary reason many of you joined. Well, the better solution to this is to take a hands on approach. A type of show and tell if you will.

I am going to present a real world example that will cover polymorphic relationships, interaction with the server (of course) by setting up cron jobs and triggering them with your app and more. It will be a very broad tutorial for the beginner to advanced ruby on rails developer.

I'd like to get everyone involved in this. What's your background (native programming language)? What level ruby or ruby on rails developer are you (beginner, intermediate, advanced)? What type of real world solutions would you present or would like to see presented in future meetups?