Nashvegans! Message Board August 24th Potluck Recipes › Curried Sweet Potato Salad

Curried Sweet Potato Salad

A former member
Post #: 1
We had such a great time at the Potluck and are looking forward to getting to know everyone. I went vegan on July 1 this year after being an on again/off again vegetarian for 20 years so it was so nice to meet so many other vegans. I love to cook and am always making up new vegan recipes. Here is the recipe for my curried sweet potato salad:

Curried Sweet Potato Salad

4 large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1” chunks
2 Serrano Chillies, diced
1/2 purple onion, chopped
handful of cilantro, chopped
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
Veganaise
Salt and Pepper

Boil the sweet potatoes in enough salted water to cover until just done. Soft enough to poke with a fork but still firm. Drain and immediately spread them out on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and put them into the freezer to cool down. If you try to mix the salad while they are hot you will end up with a sweet potato puree ( delicious but not what we are going for here.)
Once cool, mix all of the ingredients gently, adding just enough Veganaise to give it the consistency you like in a potato salad. Adjust the seasonings then chill for at least an hour. Garnish with additional cilantro.
Elizabeth
TheLizzerator
Nashville, TN
Post #: 3
THANK YOU, this was delicious!!