Join us for a favorite hiking location. This "acrobatic" hike includes scrambling up rock ledges, crawling through boulder falls and navigating many creek crossings. This is NOT a beginners hike. But for those who make the journey, rewards include unusual rock formations, spring wildflowers, spectacular views and scenery. We will carpool to the trail head from the Merrell Store in Green Hills. Bring water, lunch/snacks, sturdy hiking shoes. Limited to 16.
• Meeting Time: 8:30 A.M.
• Meeting Place: Merrell Store – Upper Parking Deck – The Hill Center Green Hills
• Estimated Drive Time (one way): 3+ hour
• Hike Distance: Approx. 5.5 total miles with opportunity for alternate route
• Estimated Hike Time: 4-5 hours
• Difficulty: Moderate-to-Strenuous
• Hike Leader: Michael Hughes
• Notes: This is a moderate-to-strenuous hike with creek crossings, rock scrambling, some steep pathways (including ladders). We will be home late, stopping for dinner in Cookeville.