Nashville Animal Advocacy Message Board › Stray dog rescue attempt in Hermitage

Stray dog rescue attempt in Hermitage

Tricia
TriciaLeb
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 17
Friends and fellow animal advocates,

I received a message yesterday (shown below) about a woman in the Hermitage area trying to save the lives of two stray dogs:

"I AM TRYING TO SAVE THE LIFE OF 2 STRAY DOGS (no owners) THAT NEED RESCUE immediately as their main home is on the side of the road directly next to traffic shopping centers and they are close to being killed every day.

"It is a boy and girl, approx. 6 yrs old, the boy is deaf and going blind in one eye and having trouble in the other, has been hit by a car with old injuries. They are both tired.

"Sunday, the landscaper of the owner of property said he would “shoot the dogs” even though this is a commercial/residential area. The dogs know me well but can not get a slip lead on them. Because of the growing traffic a growing number of people notice and continue to see them and now try to run after them which is terrifying them causing them to run into traffic, they will run from those strangers. Not good. Are there any wonderful ‘hands’ that know how to rescue that could help. Since there are two and one is disabled they watch each other intently. I only have one trap. I would like to know if there is ANY way you could help with rescue. I currently have a place I can put them but they certainly deserve more room BUT…. Since they know me, I can at least get them vetted, calmed down etc. They are VERY sweet, they boy will fall asleep close to me after he eats, she is the one that is on high alert as she can hear. I have been HD filming for some time to get them any meds they may need to keep them healthy as best and know their movements to best help any effort, but just need some kind people to help."

I know this is a long shot, but anyone in this group who has experience with rescuing stray animals, access to a trap, or knows of any organization that can help, please let me know and I will forward you the contact information of the woman who wrote me. Thanks for all you do for animals!

Tricia
Linda W.
user 2310683
Nashville, TN
Post #: 26
Tricia, have you tried pet community center? they trap animals all the time for spay/neuter purposes. I could give you the email address for their CEO if you like. Call me 615-481-7280
Tricia
TriciaLeb
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Post #: 19
Thank you so much, Linda! That would be wonderful!