Music City Wine Enthusiasts Message Board › Wine Club Policy Updates - Please read

Wine Club Policy Updates - Please read

Laura
user 3700371
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Happy 2013 everyone! I hope everyone started the year off with great wine.

We had some great events in 2012, and 2013 should be just as exciting. Already our first scheduled event of the year is promising to have a packed house (literally)!

Based on the feedback of members, we’re going to make some changes to some of our policies for 2013. Please read all the details below.

Dues: First of all, we are going to begin charging annual dues. The fee will be $5/year and must be paid by Feb. 28, 2013. Anyone who has not paid by then will be removed from the membership rolls. You can always re-join at another date if you'd like. These dues will primarily cover the fees to operate the Meetup site (which is hundreds of dollars a year), and then any remaining fees will be used to cover group expenses such as deposits for events, door prizes and snacks at events and, ideally, we would set up a fund to give a small stipend to those who host events in their homes for the purchase of supplies. Payments may be sent by check or money order to Laura Richards, 1810 Rosander Lane, Antioch, TN 37013 or you can pay by Paypal. All Paypal payments will include a 50-cent service charge, so it will be $5.50. There is now a link set up on the home page to pay dues.

Attendance: Also new for 2013 are some attendance policies. It makes us all look bad when folks RSVP for events and don’t show up. It’s embarrassing when we’re at a restaurant, it’s infuriating to hosts, and, as we learned in November, it’s expensive when our attendance fee is based on yes RSVPs. Going forward, I’m hoping our new policies will alleviate these issues.

1. Only RSVP yes if you plan to attend. Yes, plans sometimes change. If that happens, come back and change your RSVP, preferably with enough notice for the host to change his/her plans and for the next person on the waiting list to make plans to attend. We’ll be setting more firm RSVP cut-offs to help with this issue as well.

2. After three no-shows to events, you will be removed from the group and your membership dues will not be refunded.

3. When events require payment, you will now be required to pay via Paypal at the time of sign up. In the case of some events, the payment may be only a deposit, but we will spell out the details in the event information. I don’t want any more situations where those who attend an event are forced to pay extra because people cancelled. This will alleviate that.

These policies are designed to make this group more enjoyable for everyone. I think that we will be able to plan even more great events for this year! If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.

As always, we are always looking for folks who are willing to host an event in their home or other space they have available to them. Feel free to just post something on Meetup or contact me so we can set something up.

Thanks,
Laura