Music City Wine Enthusiasts Message Board › Last reminder - dues and Train ride

Last reminder - dues and Train ride

Laura
user 3700371
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
Hi everyone,

I promise this is the last reminder that you will get for two things that are coming up as we approach the end of the month.

First of all, our $5 annual dues are due Feb. 28. You can pay them via Paypal (which will charge you 50 cents for processing fees) or mail a check to Laura Richards, 1810 Rosander Lane, Antioch, TN 37013. Please get them in this week, because on Monday we will start removing members who haven't paid. If you don't have time to be active right now, you can always rejoin later. That is fine, and I understand.

Just a note on dues based on some feedback I have received from members. Dues were suggested by several members, not just by me. The first thing that they go toward is our Meetup fees, which are over $150/year. After that, extra funds will go toward helping with events so we can reduce the costs to members. Also, I feel that $5, which breaks down to about 40 cents per month, is a very reasonable fee. While we do have some events at restaurants or excursions that cost money, we try to have a free event at someone's house (in all areas of town) at least once a month and we are trying to go to more wineries, where tastings are usually free. Generally folks bring a snack or wine to our free events, but I have never turned anyone away if they couldn't afford to bring something. We are a very easy-going group of fun people. I try to plan a good mix of free/low-cost events with pricier things, and of course, I am always up for suggestions. I want everyone's input so this is the best group possible.

Also due this week are RSVPs and payments for the Train to Del Monaco Winery. I understand the trip is not until July, but it sells out very quickly and the group sales office asked me to purchase tickets by the beginning of March. If you are planning to go and want to make sure you have a seat with the group, please get your money in to me this week. If you don't want to do Paypal, you may send a check, but let me know that it is coming so I don't order our tickets without you.

Thanks for being such a great group. As always, if you have any questions, feedback, ideas for events, etc, please contact me.

Laura

P.S. If you have paid your dues in the last few days and don't see yourself marked as paid, don't panic! I will be entering everyone into the computer in the next few days.