The Nashville Writers Meetup Message Board Shameless Plugs, Marketing, Writing, and Publishing... oh my!! › utopYA CON 2014 - June 20-22 - Nashville, TN

utopYA CON 2014 - June 20-22 - Nashville, TN

Michael T.
literaryguy
Group Organizer
Nashville, TN
http://utopyacon.com/...­

I wanted to let you know that the utopYA Con 2014 will be at the Millennium Maxwell House Hotel this year, starting Friday.

Created by Janet Wallace, this is the third year for this convention. This is more than a con, but a community.
One of the inspiring events I saw last year was one woman who was a fan of the genre wanting to be a full-time writer; between the first utopYA Con 2012 and the second utopYA Con 2013, the other writers mentored her in what to do: she wrote, got steamy covers for her Kindle books on Amazon, and had several books available online. She was literally able to quit her job and devote herself full time to writing because writing paid the bills now.

Information cut and pasted from website:

“The first-of-its-kind convention for women writers of supernatural Young Adult and New Adult fiction and their fans!

Friday, June 20, 2014 at 7:00 AM - Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
Nashville, TN

Prices ranging from $75 to $95 for the conference

If you love contemporary or paranormal romance, sci-fi, dystopian futures, vampires, werewolves, angels, wizards, demons or demigods, then this unconventional convention is for you. Panels, filled with writers and experts in the publishing and entertainment industries, will have something for established and aspiring authors and screenwriters to improve their craft and advance their careers, as well as FUN panels for fans where then can directly influence and interact with their favorite authors!

Visit the Book Stores. Yes, we have two book stores. Barnes & Noble will host the published author book store, and we will also have an indie book store for our self-published panelists!
Get Swag from Exhibitors — Two full days of over 80 exhibitors

Be ready for Surprises, Exclusives, Premieres and Special Guest Appearances!
And you won’t want to miss the Third Annual utopYA Awards on Saturday night, where we celebrate the writers, producers, editors, bloggers, designers and others who bring our favorite characters and stories to life!

With 20+ categories, live music, interactive live streaming and celebrity hosts and guests, it’s YOUR chance to dress up and get down with your favorite authors and friends!

NEW in 2014:
Friday Evening Fan Event PUBLIC Book Signing!
Saturday night dance party after the Awards!
Sunday afternoon Write-In…with prizes!”

I would strongly suggest you look at this conference.

Sincerely,
Mike Turner