Do any of these sound like you?
- Still not on Twitter and don’t understand what all the fuss is about?
- Have you attempted to use Twitter and found it of no interest?
- Do you believe there must be more to this Twitter craze than knowing what someone had for lunch or the latest Snooki news?
- Does your boss want you to start learning social media and you don't understand why?
- Have you attended Social Media seminars in hopes of learning to use Twitter, only to find it is geared for those already familiar?
- You've been wanting to try Twitter but overwhelming and feel slightly fearful to dive in?
- Stalling? Don't think you will enjoy or find it beneficial?
Twitter Made Easy - Interactive, Hands-On
Let me help you get set up with a Twitter account (if you don’t yet have one) and learn the absolute basics of Twitter and how to navigate this fantastic and strange world of Tweeting! This workshop is set up to be fun, interactive and remove any mental barriers or feelings of intimidation you may enter the room with.
What you will learn:
- How to set up a new account (if you don’t yet have one) and create a profile you're proud to have represent you in the online community
- What preferences you want to change and what they mean
- The Twictionary (aka Twitter dictionary), to erase the language barrier in conversations
- Basic fun and useful tools you can use to better your experience and connection with others
- The 'How, What, When & Why' of Tweeting
What you will need to bring:
- Your laptop with wi-fi ability
- If you're avatar is the ‘Egg of Death’ bring a photo saved to your desktop of you, your pet or something you'd like to display in your profile. Maximum photo size: 700k
- Something to take notes (paper, pen, iPad, Tablet, netbook, etc) for you to take more information home!
Registration Fees - for Newbies and Existing Twitter Accounts
Register now to enjoy a fun evening of new experiences in a relaxing environment...join the Twitterverse!
- To attend as a Newbie to Twitter, your workshop time is 6:00pm – 8:00pm. The cost is $40.
- To attend as an Existing Twitter account, your workshop time is 6:30pm – 8:00pm. The cost is $35.
Why the difference? I want those without an account to learn what they need to know without having those with existing accounts feel their time is being wasted sitting through what they already know. Plus it’s an excuse to take a break!