addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

nature lovers meetup Message Board › Science Cafe tomorrow ; Fall colors and hike sunday

Science Cafe tomorrow ; Fall colors and hike sunday

Sankar
user 3046110
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Hi everyone,  Just wanted to remind you of the events this week that I am organizing. [For all events happening please visit the website; Note that some events are posted on message board or calendar but not listed as "official" meetups].

1. Science Cafe -- Biodiversity

To rsvp and details go to
http://www.meetup.com...­

• Wednesday, October 17, 2012

6:30 PM to 8:00 PM

• Marian Koshland Science Museum

525 E Street, NW, Washington, DC

I will be in the lobby around 6.15pm

• Please join us for a Science Café event about the science of biodiversity, featuring an interactive discussion and happy hour with experts Chase Mendenhall from Stanford University and Merlin Hanauer from Sonoma State University. The event will be hosted at the Koshland Science Museum and is sponsored by the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. We can go for coffee after the event. Please look for me in lobby after event if you want to join us. I will send my cell number to Yes rsvps by tomorrow morning.

• 2. Fall colors and hike at the Arboretum
  • To rsvp and for details: http://www.meetup.com...­

• Sunday, October 21, 2012

10:00 AM

• U.S. National Arboretum

2371 R Street Northeast, Washington D.C., DC

Meet in the visitor center lobby

• Every autumn we head out to the hills to see fall colors. This time, for a change, we will enjoy the fall colors in the amazing National Bonsai & Penjing Museum of the National Arboretum that is one of the best hidden treasures of DC. After enjoying the colors we will hike the grounds, taking in the various flora in the enchanting gardens. Please bring a picnic lunch so we may finish our day in fine style with food and conversation. We hope to be done with everything by 2pm. I will send my cell number to Yes rsvps by saturday night.