CANCELLED Country Ride to Coshocton Air Show CANCELLED

  • September 21, 2013 · 10:45 AM
  • This location is shown only to members

THE AIR SHOW IS PROCEEDING BUT THE WEATHER DOES NOT LOOK GREAT FOR AN ENJOYABLE RIDE.    RIDE CANCELLED

SORRY, I WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.



Join or login to comment.

  • David M.

    Do the 99ers ever ride without a destination activity beyond maybe catching a meal somewhere on the road? Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day.

    September 21, 2013

    • David M.

      Thanks for the link, Walt. Btw, the photo caption beneath the "1937 International" on that site is incorrect. It is the Manx shown, not the International. The latter had a mag dyno, lights, different tank, and a different shape to the head. Hope we can connect on a ride sometime. :)

      September 21, 2013

    • David M.

      Just signed up for the texts, Darel. Thanks!

      September 21, 2013

  • David M.

    Any plans to go to the balloons tomorrow?

    September 21, 2013

    • Joe H.

      Not at this time. Weather says 14 MPH winds and that may be too much for them anyway

      September 21, 2013

  • James M.

    50% rain doesn't ammount to much, and we won't melt if we do get caught in a shower. I have gone out all spring and summer at 50-60% rain predictions and was only wet down once. Lightning is a very different matter though. :)

    I know these roads, they have center lines, shoulder lines, signage for curves, and the other stuff just like you see around here. I am having trouble thinking of them as tricky back roads, but my machine is a middle weight sports machine, not a big cross country cruiser. :)

    September 20, 2013

    • Joe H.

      I appreciate your comment and I will chance scattered showers but this is a front and all weather services report rain around noon and at 4PM plus the roads will probably stay wet. You are right, I have been in the rain and did not melt but I don't usually plan it and I never enjoy it.

      1 · September 21, 2013

    • James M.

      You made a good call. When I made that comment I didn't realize it was a full frontal mass of rain comming at us. I was thinking scattered showers. I got caught 200 miles from home when a front like this came through and you're right, a ride like that isn't fun at all, especially with a trailer load of camping gear behind the scoot, through Columbus, near rush hour, with a hundred miles to go, soaked through. and temperature dropping. Not fun at all.

      September 21, 2013

  • David M.

    Thanks for the heads up, Joe. Good call.

    September 21, 2013

  • Joe H.

    UPDATE ; Coshocton ride CANCELLED The air show is proceeding but I am not comfortable with weather projections and don"t think it will be enjoyable even if it is doable. If you go anyway BE CAREFUL!

    September 21, 2013

  • Joe H.

    UPDATE: The Coshocton Air Show has decided to go for Saturday, HOWEVER, weather services are predicting above 50% rain up to 3PM over our planned travel area. I'm not sure a long ride on tricky roads in the rain to stand in the rain in a muddy field is a fun or safe trip. If predictions do not improve by 7AM I will cancel the group event and possibly set up a shorter ride to the balloon lift off on Sunday.

    September 20, 2013

  • David M.

    Not sure anyone there knows what is going on. I was just told that most essential aircraft had been able to fly in today in the unexpected good weather and that they they have definitely decided to have it tomorrow. I mentioned the forecast and asked if there was any possibility that they might reconsider and postpone. They said that they would reevaluate in the morning. The only thing that seems definite is that the fixed wing airplane rides are cancelled regardless of which day it happens.

    September 20, 2013

  • Joe H.

    Latest update: The airport is expected to reach a decision to go on Sat. or Sun. by 7:00 PM. I will advise the ride status as soon as possible.

    1 · September 20, 2013

  • Dave C

    I hate to miss this nice long ride. But I have to be responsible and prepare for a house move next week. If I say to hell with it last minute I might show up.

    September 19, 2013

  • Joe H.

    Tomorrow is the day before the ride but I will be in an all day business meeting. I will not be able to review or add comments on the ride untill after 6 PM. Hopefully, my first late comment will be "the weather looks great".

    September 19, 2013

  • David M.

    Just called the airport. They say that the current report they go by says it may clear by 10:00 AM Saturday, so they are waiting to meet on Friday to decide on whether they want to postpone the event until the next day. The open biplane may not appear if the weather isn't good enough for him to fly it in, but helicopter rides will be available for sure. They won't be posting the biplane information, but he invited me to call in tomorrow to check again. I'll be going on our ride either way.

    September 19, 2013

    • Joe H.

      Thanks for the update Dave. However, our route travels some sharp curves and lots or hills, not to mention the additional surface problems created by the Amish horses. At times we may be 15 miles from any shelter. My first concern is rider safety and I will make the call based on road conditions.

      September 19, 2013

    • David M.

      Thanks, Joe. I appreciate your concern for rider safety. I was checking to make sure the show would be on if we got there :) Meant either day, not either way.

      September 19, 2013

  • Sam S.

    Not looking good for Saturday. It's up to 70 percent chance of thunder storms.

    September 19, 2013

  • David M.

    I want to get one of the biplane rides they are offering, so I'll call the field Sat morning and go on whatever day they are doing it.

    September 18, 2013

  • J

    I will be watching the weather. If this gets moved to Sunday count me in. I am swamped Saturday.

    September 18, 2013

  • David M.

    If we ride on Saturday it'll be just me. If we end up going on Sunday I'll have a passenger.

    September 17, 2013

  • Dave C

    Hey Dave, I guess I was wrong. I don't recall events being deleted when cancelled. Just saw in past that the event host put on event posting it was cancelled. I think I do recall the Seneca event now, but related to it as the cave exploring description, if that's the one. Anyhow; look forward to meeting you at the Air Show ride to Coshocton.

    1 · September 17, 2013

  • David M.

    Hey Joe,
    This ride sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Only three bikies signed up though. Any way we can find out before we show up if it is cancelled? Thanks!

    September 15, 2013

    • J

      Sometimes Meetup's site can be "glitchy" at best. The event was cancelled on Friday evening do to the threat of a very cold ride and email was sent to announce it. Please make sure your personal settings do not opt out of organizer mail. I, and Tom, apologize for the mix up. It has not happened in the past. We will do everything we can to ensure that it does not occur again.

      1 · September 17, 2013

    • David M.

      Hey J - thanks. I'm signed up on all my meetup sites for organizer updates to be delivered immediately and do get them okay. I suspected the ride might be canceled because of the dwindling number of riders, so I checked the site and apparently ran into a glitch. No biggee. It was a little cool on the ride in but we have gear and it turned out to be a nice day for a ride with just my passenger.

      September 17, 2013

  • marty s.

    I just might make it back in time for this one

    September 7, 2013

    • Dave C

      Hope you can

      September 16, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    were is the starting point we are meeting at

    September 16, 2013

    • J

      Ed- Village Square is the launch point. You can view a map by clicking on it, above.

      September 16, 2013

  • Sam S.

    Might be solo on this one but still want to go. Count me in =)

    September 15, 2013

  • Joe H.

    Marty, give it a try. it's a good ride.

    September 7, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Not sure if I can make this one, but will definitely know within the week prior to the event date. Thanks Joe.

    September 6, 2013

  • Jim E.

    Don't yet know for sure if I can go. Hope I can; rte 93 south of 250 is one of my favorite local roads.

    September 6, 2013

  • Clare

    Hosting a get-together this day, Joe, otherwise Scott and I would attend. :-(

    August 31, 2013

No one went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Imagine having a community behind you

Get started Learn more
Rafaël

We just grab a coffee and speak French. Some people have been coming every week for months... it creates a kind of warmth to the group.

Rafaël, started French Conversation Group

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy