Nerd Fun - Atlanta Message Board › This place needs events and I need to game.

This place needs events and I need to game.

Bryan C.
Getsuneko
Hendersonville, NC
Post #: 7
Small Edit Voting will end 4/23/2012. At that point I will count up the posted votes and begin working on the game.

I'm taking two birds with one stone I suppose. I can see there are many events and things to do to with the west of Atlanta but it is horribly lacking in the east. I do not know if it is because of venue or to personal preference or other unknown problem, but I've decided to do something about it.

I will need about a months time to prepare. I will run a game for anyone whom wishes to join, the game however will be up to you. I'm going to give you a list of what I can and will run, I ask that people reply to this topic if they have any interest. Please reply with a vote of your choice to be tallied for the game I will run for you all.

=I can run these games...

-Dungeons And Dragons 3.5
The game that I'm sure "Pathfinder" and so many others sprang from. "Dungeons and Dragons" needs little introduction. A fantasy based game of heros, magic, and treasure. This title holds many adventures and setting types. Versatile and breathtaking, DnD was the very first game I started out with and I would love to show others just how amazing it is. "X-Crawl" is a modern setting that can be run with this as well.

-Legend Of The Five Rings
A Japanese based fantasy game centered around the land of Rokugan. This game makes the players out as the cast of nobility, Samurai and the lords they serve. It stresses Japanese customs and philosophy to an amazing extent. With multiple factions and character options, this game would suit a very large group. Players would most likely pit themselves against each other as much as the NPCs.

-World Of Darkness (Various)
A game of the modern age. The shadowed world that we do not see around us and the things that go bump in the night. A game I have as much love as I do hatred for it is as beautiful as it is terrible at times. You may find your mortal life tweaked as you try to stay sane. Perhaps you are the Hunter of the evils that no one else seems to see. Or maybe your the vampire, immortal and power hungry. Some will heed the calls of the Werewolf. And others, much like myself, will heed the contracts of the fae and find themselves to be Changelings. But then again, awakening as a powerful Mage could agree with some. What ever the case may be I will run a multi-venued game, I will also try to keep it as balanced as possible.
P.S.- I will need Assistance for this. If this game is chosen I would like to have at least one ST to every seven players.
[This does not include Old-WOD, I do not know the system well enough to run it.]

-Starwars Saga Edition
Jedi, Sith, and everything in between!!! Starwars, the futuristic system based on a beloved set of movies, cartoons, comics, and books. The setting and time periods are so various I would have a hard time putting them all down so I'm hoping that you've at least seen one of the six movies. Want to chase down the galaxies most wanted? How about searching for the lost civilization of dreck? Or maybe your calling is galactic conquest? Is the force strong within you? Is your soul drawn to the light side of the force? Or maybe your seething hatred won't let you move from the dark side... This game can go many ways and is very versatile.

=Running styles

-LARP (Live Action Role Playing)
I don't expect you to dress up. I do however expect you to act out your character. I find this style to be alot of fun. Instead of sitting around a table and looking at a mat, your up on your feet, socializing and being someone else for a change. Your imagination gets to go to work for you and those around you as your characters are brought to life. No you will not be fighting with foam weapons. Yes, you will still need dice. I believe if you are going to vote for "Legend Of The Five Rings" or "World Of Darkness", this style would do those the best justice.

-Table Top
Gathered around the GM and his screen as the story unfolds. Character sheets before you, battle map to the center, and your adventuring party around you. This is a faster paced type of play with more stress on game mechanics and strategy then role play. Role play however is very present or as present as desired. This gaming type is best suited for "Pathfinder", "Dungeons And Dragons 3.5", and "Starwars Saga Edition".

Now that you have your choices, please pick a game and a running style then post your vote. I may have said certain styles are better for certain games but they can all be played either way with just as much enjoyment.

Thank you very much and I hope to hear from you soon.
Bryan C.
Getsuneko
Hendersonville, NC
Post #: 8
I personally like large games, so the more the merrier. The problem with that however is that I cannot be everywhere at once. If anyone has any interest in Assisting me in the GMing, STing, or DMing department I would be more then glad for the help and I think our group would be as well. Please feel free to send me an E-mail at Bryan.a.clements@gmail.com...
Bryan C.
Getsuneko
Hendersonville, NC
Post #: 17
An update.

It seems I may have very well found a good venue. Going to learn more about it this coming Wednesday.

Another note, "Pathfinder" has been taken off the game list because there is already a game in the immediate area. I am also a part of this game and do not wish to step on the GMs toes.

If there is any interest please post some votes soon that I can get started on a setting and story.

If anyone has a favored setting or would like to request one, I will most definitely take it into account and look it over.

Thanks again...