NetSquared Boston Message Board › Changes to NetSquared Boston meetup

Changes to NetSquared Boston meetup

A former member
Post #: 270
Hi everyone,

I'm your new meetup organizer, Kat Friedrich. I have six years of experience in social media use and website redevelopment, including content editing and news production. My background is in journalism, but I also have a certificate in web design.

I took on the project of organizing this meetup because I am excited about its potential to help nonprofits reach audiences and use technology more effectively. Because of my interests and the needs I see in the nonprofit community in Boston, I've realigned our activity plans somewhat and have edited the group description to reflect these changes.

1. The first new bullet point says we are interested in helping nonprofits use technology to reach nontraditional audiences. There has been at least one conversation about this already within the meetup, I believe.

2. The second new bullet point describes integrating communication best practices with technology best practices. This might include conversations about website user experiences or multimedia best practices, for example.

Don't worry - we don't have to develop all of this content ourselves. Since I like saving time, I'm planning to post links to other local events as meetups on our calendar. I'd like to connect with other groups so that we can conserve our resources and expand our networks.

Upcoming events on the calendar in October include:
Technical Skills Share Group for High-Tech Professionals
Ethos Roundtable: Assistive Technology for Positive Social Change
Tweeting the Revolution: agency, collective action, and the negotiation of risk in a networked age
Almost Wikipedia: What Eight Collaborative Encyclopedia Projects Reveal About Mechanisms of Collective Action
Civic Maps
CCTV Multimedia Classes

Best,

Kat Friedrich
http://katfriedrich.w...­
https://twitter.com/#...­
A former member
Post #: 9
Thanks so much for stepping up!
A former member
Post #: 271
You're welcome. I hope people will enjoy the new format.

I'd like to schedule some events on other days of the week in addition to Tuesdays.

Also, if you have events you want to post to the calendar, send me a message.