addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NetSquared Chicago Message Board › Thank You For Last Night - Moving Forward

Thank You For Last Night - Moving Forward

Gordon D.
GordonDym
Chicago, IL
First, a very sincere thank-you to those members who attended last night's reboot meeting - I would like to clarify one thing: credit for the revamp/presentation last night needs to be given for those members who were gracious enough to provide their time and input over the past few months. Moving Net2Chi forward - in fact, the total rethink - is due to their input and collaboration. All I did was put together a Power Point :)

For those interested, the Power Point Presentation is up at http://www.slideshare.net/GordonDym/net-tuesday-presentation-031213­, and basically will be focusing on our goal as being a way to "crowdsource digital excellence" and serve as a "Kickstarter for social good". It is a great start....but needs your help and support. We're finalizing details around the April meetup (we've just gone public), but I wanted to update you on some key changes:

Frequency of Meetings - We're moving away from meeting on every second Tuesday of the month....and will be meeting less frequently. Part of it is that many Netsquared groups are finding that restrictive, but ultimately, it allows us to focus on improving the quality of meetings, allowing us to benefit the greatest number. We have some events in the pipeline, but we also want to move towards a more online method of organizing. Speaking of which:

E-Mail and Message Boards - If we are going to "walk the walk" when it comes to digital excellence, it means that we have to utilize online tools. As a way to start, we will be opening up both our e-mail list (used traditionally for announcements) and message boards on Meetup.com as a way of fostering communication. (We also could use some assistance in our social media management, but more on that will follow). People can use our e-mail address, but with one caveat: the Net2Chi mailing list is intended for sharing resources, events, and agencies that gear towards our mission. Blind spamming and/or commercial posts is not permitted at any time.

We Need Co-Organizers - In short, I have been doing this solo for the past year and a half, and quite honestly, I could use some assistance. (With the change in meeting frequency, it will mean much less responsibility). If you are interested, I invite you to fill out our survey at http://bit.ly/Net2ChiVol­, and you will receive a response in a timely manner.

Chicago is at a very critical point, with many agencies, individuals, and organizations hoping to drive digital excellence. And it won't be done by creating a massive database of non-profits, or through educational conferences, starting a social enterprise, or even creating software applications alone - it is through a coordinated effort, linking services and resources to communities that need them, and Net2Chi can serve as that network. The greater community has a need for this network, and I invite all of you - regardless of your field of endeavor - to help drive this unique collaboration.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Gordon Dymowski

Net2Chi