NetSquared DC Message Board › RSVP for Aug. 20: All about Water: From the River to the Tap
Join us next Tuesday, August 20, for a discussion about water issues with local experts Paul Schwartz and Chris Weiss.
Please feel free to share this with your friends on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Aug. 20: All About Water - From the River to the Tap (free event) - http://goo.gl/SD0P1e
When: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:00 PM
Where: Affinity Lab U Street
920 U Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Click here to RSVP.
Ever wonder what's in your tap water and how best to purify it? Some people prefer to drink bottled water to be safe only to find out that they have been duped since much bottled water is taken right from the tap and worse yet generates more toxic and plastic waste.
These days tap water has traces of contaminants from agricultural pesticides and pharmaceuticals, not to mention chlorine and fluoride, rocket fuel and lead.
Learn from the local water experts, Paul Schwartz and Chris Weiss,which water filters are the best in terms of water purification and how to spend very little and still make your tap water safer and tastier.
Find out how and where our water is purified. We will discuss how you can conserve water using water saving devices in your home. We will also talk about how you can help to protect our rivers -- the source of our drinking water in the DC area.
- Where does our water come from, where does the rain go, where does our sewage go?
- What is the fastest growing utility bill in DC and what are your dollars being spent on?
- Why are 1/3 of DC's public investment dollars going into water infrastructure?
- Do we still have lead coming out of our taps?
- Is it safe to swim in the Potomac, Rock Creek and the Anacostia? How about for dogs?
- Ever wonder what's in your tap water and how best to purify it?
- What is the story about bottled water?
- How could DC's job future be linked to water?
- What do lawn care pesticides, pharmaceuticals, caffeine, fluoride, rocket fuel and lead all have in common?
- How has climate change already affected DC's water issues?
- How can you protect your family's health, save money and our rivers and the Bay at the same time?
- What are some of the best things being done to increase DC's water and energy sustainability?
- What should we copy and put in place that is being done in Philly, Seattle, LA, NY, Chicago and other cities?
- What can you do to make a better water future for DC?