The Maker Movement seems to be all folks can talk about, and if you aren't already, you will be after this meetup! We're taking you from tinkerer to maker, along with helping you to find groups and resources to help you along the way. Here's what we'll cover:
• Making Makers - Jenna deBoisblanc, Program Coordinator for MakerState, will join us to discuss the Maker Movement as it comes to the classroom by leveraging new hardware and software tools to bring science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) learning to life for kids 5-18 through fun, hands-on projects. Every weekly after-school lab brings a new brain-sharpening challenge and a new demonstrated mastery in real-world STEAM skills for success in the 21st Century.
• Massive Maker Meetup - Maker Faire's are all the rage and happening all over the world, and a few of our own are trying to bring one of these show-and-tell type events to New Orleans in early 2014. An online "Maker Camp" is currently underway, as hosted by Google+, providing daily inspiration along with an online venue to learn, discuss and show-off creations. Let your inner science fair geek, master wood craftsman, or mad crafter shine. Dust off your hot glue gun, Arduino starter kit, and a few spare parts from an old RC car to make your mark. What can you make?
• MakerBots - It feels like you can't go a full 24 hours without someone talking about the advancements that 3D printing have made or the sure lust of geeks like us who just want one to make funky stuff. We'll have one on hand along with someone to explain the ins-and-outs of how it works and what it takes to create printable content.
• Make Room for Cake - This month marks a milestone for Net2NO - 5 years of meetups! That's right, Net2NO has been shaking things up in the New Orleans tech community for 5 years. Come celebrate!
• Make Mine a Cold One (and Make Sure You Thank Our Sponsor) - Your first beer will be compliments of this month's sponsor, Good Work Marketing & Design. This New Orleans based firm specializes in both traditional and online marketing. Their mantra is DO GOOD. Their mission is to work with good people, to foster a positive working environment and to help their clients grow and prosper.
They are currently looking for a few Good web developers to join their work family. To learn more, please visit: https://worknola.com/good-work-marketing-inc/web-developer-1
• Making Your Announcements Digital - We're trying to keep things rolling along, so if you have something worth sharing with the group, please be sure to tweet it to @Net2NO in order for our team to share the information both at the meeting as well as in a recap after the event is over.
We can't wait to see you all on Tuesday, August 6th!
Adele, Megan and Bryan
Co-Organizers of Net2NO