There are so many amazing events happening this week, that we couldn't bear to steal thunder from so many Net2NO members producing, presenting or serving as panelists on our chosen night. Not to mention, after a full day of work and all of this "geektastic" content, you deserve some time to unwind, enjoy the fresh air and night sky while catching up with a few old friends and making some new ones.
So after you've been to any (or all) of the following amazing events:
• NOVAC's Bywater Bar Crawl (3-11pm)
• Silicon is the New Black: Wearable Technology Panel & Demo @ the IP (5:30 - 6:30pm)
• FunDat: A Live Crowdfunding Affair @ The Rusty Nail (6-8pm)
• Hack Night @ Launch Pad (7-10pm)
Make your way over to Indulge Island Grill at 845 Carondelet (just a half mile from the IP and The Nail) from 8:00pm. Join Net2NO to sit poolside, under the stars, enjoying the first real taste of Fall with a cocktail in hand recapping the day's events or what exciting events are planned for the rest of the week.
Big Event Beyond NOLA Tech Week > TribeCon
While this week is jam packed with tech events, there's one on the horizon that you won't want to miss. Tribecon!
On October 31st, Tribecon returns for a 5th year of exciting attendees with top notch speakers, who demonstrate the magic that happens when the music and tech worlds collide.
TribeCon is Louisiana's premiere social technology conference, held in conjunction with the Voodoo Experience and created to inspire and educate through presentations by amazing speakers like Perry Chen of Kickstarter, Baratunde Thurston of the Onion, Ben Huh, creator of ICanHazCheezburger, and Thomas Dolby. This is annual gathering of tribes comprized of techies, geeks, musicians, creatives and mavens offers programming designed to inspire its audience.
A few stats:
• Who attends? Approximately 250 pros in tech, creative, music along with social media activators from near and far (including those that have come from SF, NYC, Austin)
• What's the point? The mission is to inspire creativity at the intersection of music & technology
• What makes it different? Integration - connecting musicians performing at Voodoo with technologists
• What to expect? The 3 hour event will feature 2 tech keynotes & 1 music keynote AND performance
New to TribeCon This Year - The Revelry Workshop Series
Revelry Labs is launching a workshop series in conjunction with TribeCon. This initial event will be an all day, hands on, get shit done workshop at the Revelry studio in Mid City. Their stellar cast of coaches will help up to 20 attendees build just about anything from a business model to a web app to branding or even a bird house.
Full workshop details can be found at http://www.revelry.co/workshops/.
Visit Tribecon.com for details on all events and to REGISTER!
* REMINDER: Early bird pricing ends Friday, October 11th