SPECIAL GUEST: Before we get into the evening's "Blogapalooza" event, we're exicted that the team from the NEW Google New Orleans will be in the house to share some of what's planned for our fair city.
Be sure to introduce yourself to NOLA Googlers Samuel Bowler and Alison Zink before the preso begins.
Then on to the main event.
There have been some amazing things happening in New Orleans. Lots of news surrounding the industry, our bretheren in the tech community making waves across the country, and a few new heavy hitting companies are planting roots in our city.
But all of this media isn't sharing the whole story. We need more voices, opinions, ideas and successes shared by more than the usual media darlings. To make it happen, we were inspired by a recent post that outlined how a small group yielded 93 blog posts in 1 hour.
Yes, you read that right! How did they do it? With focus, a simple strategy and support from each other.
So this Tuesday, come with your laptop, iPad, legal paper and mechanical pencil, or whatever you use to capture your ideas, and let's see what we can accomplish.
A few things to consider before you come out:
- Not everyone is a writer, so consider collaborating with someone else who may make you a better storyteller
- What are you passionate about; what moves you? Then write it out.
- What pisses you off? Sometimes you just need a good old fashioned bitch session, let this be your outlet to vent.
- Don't overthink it. Let it come out of you. Add a cocktail and this may just the therapeutic exercise you need.
Don't feel like blogging, come out anyway! You could be the source of a story, or provide your editing talent to the crowd.
* Be sure to bring your job announcements, project updates and any other special news you'd care to share with the community.