addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Net2NO (NetSquared New Orleans) Message Board Net2NO Discussion Forum › Meetup Wrap-up and SXSW

Meetup Wrap-up and SXSW

damien l.
user 8013347
New Orleans, LA
Hello Net2NO!

Sorry for the delay in the monthly postmortem but like many of you (hopefully) I was busy finishing up my submission to the 504ward business plan competition! While of course I fully intend on winning, in the event our idea isn't chosen I would find a little solace in knowing that one of you were!

In fact, Friday's blog post on www.net2no.com was a call to all Net2no members who submitted an entry to the competition to tell us about your idea. Post on the blog, email me summaries of your plan, and your YouTube promo if you have one. We will post them on the Net2no page and help raise some awareness for your idea. While there will be only one official winner that doesn't mean that one of your great ideas won't come to fruition and there may be other Net2NO members who can help you turn your idea into reality.

So please, if you are a Net2NO member and you submitted a business plan, let us know about it!

This Monday a small group of Net2NO members are meeting to discuss plans for our trip to Austin, TX to support Chris Schultz as he speaks on a panel at this years SXSW Interactive Conference in March. While nothing is finalized, we are gaging interest in chartering a bus, looking for hotel rooms and trying to get funding to offer our members a discounted rate on tickets. Andrew Larimer is putting together a New Orleans Party complete with drink specials and we will even be importing our own local band. Since our Net2NO group is larger than Austin's we think its only fitting that we show them how we roll.

If you are interested in helping Andrew plan for this event or are at least interested in joining us in March, please contact him at andrew@nolaproject.com.

Thanks!

Damien