New Orleans, LA
KODA is looking for a system administration contractor to support our Engineering and Marketing teams. This position would begin with a four-week term, beginning at 10-15 hours per week and scaling to 40 hours per week.
We want YOU if you are curious about how web applications are architected and desire a first-hand experience on a website with a growing userbase. We are interested in a proactive problem solver who loves technical challenges, but who is also a great communicator. You will be an important player at the intersection of our teams and our users, so a passion for great customer service is a must! We are seeking a reliable, independent quick-learner who does not need to be chaperoned.
- experience with Linux
- knowledge of UNIX philosophy and important POSIX command-line tools
- as comfortable with a console interface as a fish in the sea
- scripting experience, preferably with Ruby
- experience with regular expressions
Ideally, you have had exposure to:
- server configuration
- network protocols
- monitoring tools
- Ruby on Rails, especially ActiveRecord
- data mining / statistics
Send your resume to katie at koda dot us. Thanks!