Year-end is coming fast, which is when nonprofits raise the majority of their money online. How do you set up your campaigns so that you're measuring what really matters? Join Chris Geoghegan at Net Tuesday as he shares his hit presentation from February's #Net2 Abbotsford meetup.
I’ve got bad news. Most of the time you spend looking at your analytics is probably in vain. There is too much data that tells you too little information. You thought analytics was all about using information to make better decisions, but it isn’t working. How do you go beyond just giving yourself a nice pat on the back with how many visitors you got last month?
This presentation will cover how charities and non-profits can select and track the metrics that truly matter and how they can use them to make and confirm decisions that matter.
Here’s a rough outline of some of the thoughts you might have throughout the presentation:
- “What are vanity metrics and why should I hate them so much?”
- “Ok smart guy… how do I pick metrics that actually matter then?”
- “Pirates! Now I know your crazy.”
- “Talking to real people?! I thought this was a presentation about analytics.”
- “Oh… it’s A/B testing… not Ab testing. That sounds more pleasant.”
About the presenter: Chris Geoghegan is the Product and User Experience Lead at Peer Giving where he works with a team to create software that enables charities to tell their story and raise funds online.