Netherlands Roleplaying Guild Message Board Looking for....... › Census of people searching for a group

Census of people searching for a group

Robin B.
user 42182832
Amersfoort, NL
Post #: 1
Hello everyone,

My previous group got disbanded after some years and I'm looking for a new group to play regularly. I'm looking for a group in my current hometown Amersfoort. I would like to meet regularly; once a week on weekdays. I can offer my place for as a playing location as well. Some travelling is not an issue (but preferably within 20/30 minutes). I'm interested in anything, except D&D. Looking for a group with enthusiastic roleplayers to play and have some nice social chat as well.

I'm currently very fond of the Burning Wheel (gold) RPG system. Interested in other systems as well. Played AD&D, D&D 3.x, D&D4, Pathfinder, Ars Magica and Burning Wheel on regularly basis. Prefering mostly fantasy games, but I'm open to anything. I prefer games with high social features, politics and much less combat or dealings with physical combat. I'm open for trying out new systems.

I'm not a GM person. I can run a Burning Wheel game probably if I want, but I'm not interested. Running custom campaigns etc are not my cup of tea :-).

About myself:
29 years old, computer programmer, professional nerd :-), books, rpg's, the works... Started roleplaying somewhere around 2000 and never stopped.
Jonas M.
user 40052992
Utrecht, NL
Post #: 3
Cool to see someone interested in Burning Wheel. I've owned (all) the books for a while now, but haven't yet had a chance to play. My current group didn't like the conflict systems, which I probably shouldn't have introduced during the Sword anyway. I would be interested in actually playing it sometime.
Janek van B.
user 99522162
Capelle, NL
Post #: 2
A pathfinder group with experienced players is starting another group on saturday's (every 2-3 weeks). Region Rotterdam/ DenHaag, most probably in Pynacker.
Rok C.
user 72902892
Amsterdam, NL
hej hej :)
Im a 27 yr old freelance software developer who just moved to Adam (think its less than a month ago) from sLOVEnia :)
I have to admit im a total n00b when it comes to tabletop RPGs but have had a wish to play em for a looooong time (till now all my role playing was digital.. do have some millage there though :D ).

Because I really don't know different systems and/or games I am open to more or less anything... as long as the group is newb friendly/tolerant and situated near Amsterdam I'm good to go :)
A former member
Hello,
I'm a 37 year old nurse and looking to find a group to enjoy adventuring with. I was big into collecting but not playing RPGs when I was young but would still like to get into a group and start to play regularly. I've always had a fondness for the Warhammer world and would love to try the 3rd edition.
I live in Amsterdam, plan would be to play every 2 or 3 weeks depending on schedules.
Rasmus
user 111392022
Amsterdam, NL
I'm Rasmus - been living in Amsterdam for about a year now - and finally i have the time to start roleplaying again.

My experience is mostly 4th ed. - but because of that, i'm more than willing to play other things.
I just lost my job, so i am available - whenever :)
And i'm looking for a group - but probably also starting up something myself.
Daniele C.
fourlastor
Amsterdam, NL
Hello! I'm a 25 year old Italian guy, I moved to Amsterdam this November and I would love to start playing D&D again here (I used to play 3.5, I'm open also to try out new things tho) :)

I work, so I'm available after 18.30 p.m. on weekdays and all the day long on weekends.

I played almost 2 years as a player and 6-7 months as a DM, drop me a line if you're looking for a player!
Addison
user 81574182
Amsterdam, NL
•A short presentation (you can reuse the one on your profile or make it shorter):
Hi, Im Addison 27/M in Amstelveen Amsterdam Area. I havent played dnd or table top games in a while and really want to get back into them so im glad I found this page. Im originally american but I grew up here in NL and been working around europe for a while.

•Your wishes for the area(s). Amsterdam/Amstelveen

•Your availabilities (dates and times) Workdays after 18:00 preferable 18:30, or weekends

•Your gaming preference (styles, rules, etc...) if any / If you are new to the hobby please state it.
I wouldnt say I am new but its been a while and I would need a refresher. and a new character, we can reroll the stats right....? :P

•If you wish to find a group as a player or as a GM
Would like be a player.

Look forward to hearing from a fun group of players to hang out with have some good laughts and kick some troll butt!
Koen van den E.
user 155693432
Arnhem, NL
•A short presentation (you can reuse the one on your profile or make it shorter):
Hello, I'm Koen 20/M living between Doetinchem & Arnhem. I haven't played any tabletop RPG except one session of Dungeon World, where I fell in love with the genre. I've had no luck in finding a group so far, so I was excited to find the meet-up page.

•Your wishes for the area(s). Around the Arnhem or Doetinchem area.

•Your availabilities (dates and times) Workdays after 19:00 preferable 19:30, or weekends

•Your gaming preference (styles, rules, etc...) if any / If you are new to the hobby please state it.
I am new to the hobby but would love to get into it. I do enjoy story telling and being creative. This feels like it should help to give a good experience.

•If you wish to find a group as a player or as a GM
Would like be a player but won't mind being a GM. Like to add that I lack experience in it though.

azzo
user 148749112
Utrecht, NL
Hi Everyone,

I'm writing here for me (Andrea) and Noyin (Martina).
I started playing D&D in '92, but left RPGing entirely a few years later due to troublesome player groups, with internal conflicts and too much rollplaying.
Since then I played MMORPGs just to get a fix, but they do not really do the trick for me, I need a real open story to enjoy.
Martina is a veteran of MMORPGs but quite new to the pen and paper thing, with few exceptions.

Area: We live in Utrecht, but we can move without troubles in the Randstad. We would gladly host the sessions.

Availability: weekly or biweekly, Friday (>17:00 - 00:00), Saturday (>1:30 - 00:00) or Sunday (> 15:00 - 23:00).

Gaming preferences: D&D4, Pathfinder. We are open to anything non-sci-fi, the important thing for us is to get involved into and enjoy the story and basically have fun.

Role: We would like to start as a players, but in time try an approach Andrea has experimented in the past: all players in turns take the role of GMs, for a one off or a short campaign.