This event will be held on January 25, 2012 at 7pm in Istanbul, Turkey. This is 5pm (GMT) for those in the UK.
How to Participate
- In person: Go to the live event in Istanbul- details & RSVP
- Live Online Videostream: Watch the live video of the event - here.
- Archive Video: Watch the archived video after the event has passed - here.
Whether you participate in-person or online, please join the twitter backchannel using the hashtag #net2ist.
About the Event
Net2Ist January Meeting will host the co-founder of startsomegood.com initiative; Tom Dawkins through Skype.
Crowdfunding is the term du jeur when it comes to fundraising. The success of IndieGoGo and Kickstarter, along with newer players like StartSomeGood, have inspired both social and business entrepreneurs to re-think their strategy around the crowd. However more than 2/3 of all crowdfunding campaigns fail and clear lessons can be drawn about what works and what doesn’t. Come and hear one of the founders of StartSomeGood present lessons about what it takes to succeed and the new ways entrepreneurs are raising funds and building community to turn their ideas into action.
Start Some Good taps into the power of the crowd, allowing social entrepreneurs to ask for small amounts of money from lots of different people - rather than hope for one lump sum. This crowdfunding model is becoming increasingly well-established, especially in the arts, and startsomegood believes it is perfect for supporting the launch and development of social impact initiatives.
About the Livestream
Here’s more information about the live video feed:
- When: Wednesday, January 25th at 7 PM EET (5PM GMT)
- Where: http://www.livestream.com/startsomegood
- What: Hear one of the founders of StartSomeGood present lessons about what it takes to succeed and the new ways entrepreneurs are raising funds and building community to turn their ideas into action.