I'm the chair of the following Sustainable Electronics event (http://bit.ly/e-wasteMGFG) and I have secured a discounted rate for the Brainiacs group (see special instructions below for getting the discount).
If everyone interested can register before March 23rd, I can also arrange for us to sit together. There will be food and drinks at the event, so we can also get together during the networking portion to discuss the event. (Since I'll be busy coordinating the event. If anyone wants to volunteer to lead the group at the night of the event, please let me know.)
Sustainable Electronics and the Bottom Line (http://bit.ly/e-wasteMGFG) is a comprehensive panel event on ethical electronics featuring speakers from both the East and West Coast (listed below) and electronics recycling offered by the Lower East Side Ecology Center.
**Bring your unwanted electronics for recycling by the Lower East Side Ecology Center. They'll be taking in cell phones, tablets, laptops, e-readers, PDAs, pagers, video-games, peripherals (keyboards, mice, cables, cords, chargers, etc.), network devices (routers, hubs, modems, etc.), and other small items.**
COST (Includes networking reception with food and drinks):
$25 for Brainiacs
(see "Instructions for Obtaining Discounted Brainiacs Tickets" below)
$60 at the door
For tickets (Photo ID is required to enter the building.): http://www.cbsacny.org/store.html?event_id=1413
INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING DISCOUNTED BRAINIACS TICKETS:
1) On the http://www.cbsacny.org/store.html?event_id=1413 page, choose the “Sustainable Electronics: MCC Members, Columbia Club, NYSEC members, and Students $25” option (2nd from top)
2) On the check-out page, put “Brainiacs” in the “Special Instructions:” box (at the bottom of the page)
3) When you’ve paid for your ticket, you’ll have the option (top of the page) of displaying your name in the attendee list. Put “Brainiacs” in the “Company” box.
Advance registration for all CBSACNY event closes at 12:00pm noon on the day of the event, April 1st. You may purchase a ticket online until then. If you don’t register in advance and there is still space, you may get a ticket at the door at the higher walk-in rate. Photo ID is required to enter the building.
6:00 - 6:30pm Doors Open and Early Networking
6:30 - 8:15pm Moderated Panel, Presentation and Audience Q&A
8:15 - 10:00pm Networking Reception with food and drinks
- Kevin Brooks, President and CEO, THiNKGREEN! Global Advisors
- Sasha Lezhnev, Senior Policy Analyst, Enough Project
- Qiang Li and Kevin Slaten, Executive Director and Program Coordinator, respectively, China Labor Watch (Kevin will be translating for Qiang Li)
- Sarah O’Brien, Director of Stakeholder Engagement, Green Electronics Council
- Christine Datz-Romero, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Lower East Side Ecology Center
Unless you want to pay $60 at the door, get your discounted ticket(s) now: http://www.cbsacny.org/store.html?event_id=1413 (Includes food and drinks. Photo ID is required to enter the building.)