Some general questions were asked which I will answer here:
1. Our Sunday evening Healing Circles and Dhikrs are open to all. You need not be a Sufi or even know anything about Sufism. Sharing the Love of the Divine is a universal theme which knows no bounds.
2. We have no desire for anyone to change their current beliefs or way of being. Our intention is to share the experience of connecting with the Deep Love that resides within each of us, celebrating, exalting and praising the Divine, opening our hearts to receive Divine Love, Mercy, & Compassion.
3. Beginners are heartily welcomed. Please feel free to ask any questions you like at any time. We devote part of the evening to questions and also invite everyone to share whatever is going on for them and what they would like to get out of the evening. There is no pressure to share your story if you are not so inclined. If you are interested in Sufism, we are happy to share our knowledge of the Sufi Path, answer any questions you have, and invite you to experience our healing circle and Dhikr.
4. We are a part of Shadhiliyya Tariqa, the oldest and largest Sufi Healing Tariqa in the world. (Tariqa means Sufi order. It is an Arabic word which literally means "the way"),
5. Our Dhikr consists of several different Sufi practices which can include Salaat (prayer), Al-Wird (a chanting prayer), various short readings, a Q & A period, and the Dhikr itself (guided chanting in a standing circle). Each Dhikr is different and we go with the flow of what is present in the moment and what comes to our hearts to fulfill what the Beloved wants to give to each participant. Many participants have reported powerful cathartic experiences while in the Dhikr circle. It is our way to bring ourselves in closer proximity to the Divine, clean ourselves of all earthly qualities, and open to receive deep healing and Divine Guidance.
6. Weekly Dhikrs are held in a private apartment only two blocks southwest of 72nd St. and Broadway in Manhattan, easily accessible by subway (#1, 2, or 3 trains at Broadway and 72nd St., & also the B & C lines at the 72nd St. and Central Park West station) or via bus (M72, M57, & M66). Please call 917–886–0825 for further details.
7. There is no charge. Instead we ask for a heart donation (whatever comes to your heart to give) to defray the costs of food, drink, & snacks, and the hosting charges for this meetup group.
8. When you arrive, simply give the doorman your name and inform him that you are here for the "Prayer Group at John's apartment" and he will direct you. The door will be unlocked but at times requires a good shove to open!
9. We usually gather to chat at 4:30 PM and the Dhikr starts around 5:00 PM.
10. While we appreciate your RSVP, you are welcome to show up without doing so if your plans change. Just leave a message on my cell (917) 886-0825 so I know you are coming.
11. If you arrive late and we have already started, please let yourself in quietly. Help yourself to a chair, or if we are in Dhikr, feel free to join the circle in praise of the One!
12. We are part of a vibrant community in the USA with over 5000 beloveds, teachers, and healers in the Shadhiliyya Sufi way, with centers around the country, and a healing university. In addition to Dhikrs, our teachers frequently host workshops which will be announced on the Message Board.
13. I have over 34 years experience as a healer, having studied many modalities. I am a licensed massage therapist, reflexologist, Reiki practitioner, Pranic Healer, Therapeutic Touch Practitioner, and Teacher in the Shadhiliyya Sufi way. I maintain an active private healing practice in Manhattan. I help people recover their personal inner connection to the Divine, teach them how to deeply heal themselves from the Essence of their being, activating the body’s own natural healing mechanisms to deeply heal on all levels, and guide them to rediscover who they TRULY are. As they move into greater alignment with their Inner Truth, this creates powerful and dynamic change in their lives and the lives of those around them. They learn to live from their heart and discover their souls purpose, creating a life of peace, deeply satisfying love, joy, & expansion. I work with physical illness, emotional issues, relationships, and offer life coaching. We are already whole, containing all we need, but have simply forgotten who we truly are. Our Master Guide Sidi says, "You think that you are a small star, when in fact you contain the whole universe."
I hope this helps to answer some of your questions. Please email me with any additional questions you may have.
I look forward to meeting each of you soon, inshallah!
Peace, blessings, and much love,
Abdul Latif John
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About New York City Sufi Healing Circle||March 6, 2014 10:58 AM||anonymous|