London Economics Debating Society Message Board › Would you like to run the London Economics Debating Society?

Would you like to run the London Economics Debating Society?

Daniel M.
user 13538408
London, GB
Hi everyone,
I picked this group up from the last person to stop it dying. However, I am now no longer in London, so it doesn't make much sense for me to continue to run it.
Would you be interested in continuing the group?
If you want to take it over, please let me know. If nobody wants to, or if nobody responds within about a week, I will simply close the group.

Dan
Anthony B.
user 64986122
London, GB
Post #: 1
email me - anthonybinder@yahoo.co.uk
Mike
user 12139969
London, GB
Post #: 12
Needs someone who has the instincts of a networker.

I'm happy to help anyone with such abilities. Be a great shame if this group dies but Dan can hardly be expected to run a group in London from outside.
Mike
user 12139969
London, GB
Post #: 13
Floating an idea again with my usual disclaimer about not being a Great Helmsman. We could make a date to meet in the bar of the usual pub near Liverpool Street without booking the basement. Maybe early September on a Tuesday? It's usually pretty empty in the evening. See how many turn up and have an informal rap on economics. If the numbers are viable take it from there.

Online is no test. It's how many will make the effort to attend in person with skellington attached. People are full of good intentions online.

This situation is absurd in that one of the greatest business cities in the world has no active group like this and in times like these when it's neither 'The Golden Age' nor 'The Great Moderation'. More like 'The Edge of a Precipice'.....

Mike
Mike
user 12139969
London, GB
Post #: 15
My message was last year when things had ground to a halt.