Sep 19, 2007 · 7:00 PM
click here for the MIT map to this venue:
This month will focus on providing members a "deeper slice" into Joomla.
The meeting theme will be "Putting Some Skins in the Game !! "
~ 2 hours minutes including Q&A
Lisa, Susan, Rich, and others will show and tell how to apply and modify commercial and free templates for Joomla. Many of the same principals are expected to apply to Drupal and other CMS systems too.
1) Skins, templates, and themes - changing from generic to personally cool !
2) Examples of how to change templates in Joomla
3) Making a template from scratch - how and why?
4) Modifying existing templates.
5) Cool commercial templates and template clubs
6) Discussion of other topics related to Joomla
7) Future meetings schedule and topics.
8) More TBD
RichL will demonstrate how to use the commercial JoomlaCloner component for easy backup, restore, and redeployment of entire Joomla systems and custom distros. A huge time saver and really necessary for production sites and developers.
N.B. The meeting will be at MIT this time, because of scheduling conflicts with the Red Sox games.
Boston Content Management Systems User Group
LOCATION: MIT, Amherst and Wadsworth Streets
Cambridge, MA 02142
DATE: September 19, 2007
TIME: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
We look forward to seeing you there.