This event is not full, please follow this link to the SMWLDN listing and click on the ATTEND button, as we are only using Meetup to promote the event and not to manage the Delegates.
Social Media Week is returning to London in September 2013 and, for the fourth consecutive year, is being hosted by Chinwag.
We have been invited to host a FinTech session on Monday September 23rd at Bloomberg City Gate House from 1-3pm.
About the FinTech Session
Finance is being disrupted by social media and this brings gains to the smart businesses and tech entrepreneurs in the space. This session will explore the FinTech innovation coming from London, a city that has been at the forefront of finance and banking for hundreds of years.
Part 1: Opening Talk (30 mins) – by Ian Dowson, Head of Research, NewFinance
Ian will examine the ways in which Social Media technologies are being used to innovate in Finance; in particular he will explore:
• A brief overview of FinTech and how it is growing
• Providers of Social Data, what’s available, what does it cost, and how do you access it and build on it
• Social Media Analytics, how do you build on the raw generic data to create Intelligence about Markets and trading opportunities
• Trading, using the analytics and data to live trade on the markets, who’s doing this and what level of performance is achievable
Part 2: Panel Session (1 hour) – Moderated by Eddie George, Founder and CEO, NewFinance
A discussion panel with open questions from the audience, moderated by Eddie George. This session will bring together practitioners of Social Media in FinTech for a general discussion around the potential to use Social Media in Financial Services, particularly Analytics for Trading and other applications such as Insurance.
• Cynan Rhodes, Co-founder, FSwire
• Oli Freeling-Wilkinson, CEO, Knowsis
• Jon Vollmaere, Co-Founder, LetsTalkFX
• Rob Harles, Global Head of Social Media at Bloomberg
I hope to see you there and at the many other events of
, it should be a very good conference.