NewHaven.IO Message Board › Looking to network with Rubyists who can work in CT

Looking to network with Rubyists who can work in CT

A former member
Post #: 8
Hello!
My name is Sue Fehser and I'm a Co-Founder of Riverview Recruiting LLC. Although most of my clients are in the NYC area (I've placed Ruby engineers at companies like TuneCore, a music startup and ideeli.com, which is a top competitor to Gilt Groupe, and others) I've undertaken a search for an exciting company in CT. I'm working directly with the CTO, who has told me a very compelling story about this firm. Founded almost ten years ago, they've emerged as a leader in a brand new area, telemedicine -- which is essentially physician consultations over phone, video or via web interface. The customers are not individual consumers (like you or me) but rather, large health plans which purchase this service on behalf of their members. Many of the largest health plans are their customers. So they've got real customers, and real revenue. (This is not a "startup").

They have some less successful competitors in the space, and what sets them apart is their board-certified physician network in all 50 states. Companies like "Consult A Doc" and "MD Live Care" don't.

They have 60 employees, and a 15 person tech team. Experiencing tremendous growth. They'd like to hire 2 more Ruby on Rails dev's (fulltime) as well as a contract resource (hourly).

Competitive compensation, performance bonus, great benefits, stock options. The firm is VC-backed, and was just infused with another round of funding.

Why would working here be exciting? Everyone has a voice. It's a sophisticated environment, with a seasoned management team. Amazing work-life balance -- this is not a sweat shop. No one works past 6. (unless they prefer to come in later!). Friendly team, good people to work with.

If you're interested in throwing your hat in the ring to explore this opportunity confidentially, please do not hesitate to contact me for details.

Thank you -- Sue Fehser
sue [at] riverviewrecruiting [dot] com