addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Seattle New In Town Message Board › New Meetup Group!

New Meetup Group!

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello New-to-Towners, and Thank you Leah for inviting me to post an announcement with your group!

The Seattle Meetup for a Cause is a new group that organizes social events (parties!) for the purposes of having a great time with taking donations for very worthy causes. The events will be help in various locations from public venues such as restaurants and pubs, to private venues such as homes and apartment building party rooms. When the weather breaks, we can organize outdoor events such as picnics and beach parties!

I am still working out the details, but our first official Meetup for a Cause will be to benefit an outstanding philanthropic organization: Doctors Without Borders. They do amazing work. Check out their website: www.doctorswithoutborders.org.

Other upcoming causes being considered are:

The Literacy Council of Seattle - teaching literacy to approx 250 adults per year from over 25 countries including 10% U.S. born.

Children's International - bring awareness of child sponsorship with a very highly-rated, highly fiscally-efficient organization. Funds go to the healthcare, education, clothing and nutrition of the child. Programs we can support as a group include: sanitary water container to a family, school latrines, or community clinic medical supplies.

Many more ideas to come!

Hope to see more of you joining - we CAN make a difference - one party at a time!

Warmest wishes,
Renee
http://fundraisers.me...­