add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Seattle New In Town Message Board › Places to live in Seattle

Places to live in Seattle

A former member
Post #: 86
Hi everyone,

Just moved to Seattle (2 days ago) and looking at different neighborhoods to rent an apartment. I moved from New York City so looking for as urban an environment as possible. Work is located in the University District so also looking at travel/driving implications. Any advice would be welcome.
A former member
Post #: 3
Check craigslist for possibilities in these neighborhoods:

Belltown - Downtown, mature waterfront living
Capitol Hill - Downtown, more youthful/artsy living
Queen Anne - more uptown-ish, don't know too much (I'm new too)
Or there's always U district but you're getting less urban at that point. And international district.

I live in Belltown and its great being close to everything. Busses meet here to go anywhere, so U district shouldn't be a problem from most places. Check out http://transit.metrok...­ for travel info and a trip planner if you'll be using the bus. Tons of great (!) resturaunts around too.
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 50
Hey Nemo99,
Welcome to Seattle! I think you would probably be most happy in Belltown, South Lake Union or Capitol Hill. If you're looking for night life Belltown and Capitol Hill have more to offer, but South Lake Union is still developing and is in walking distance to both. Also, if you have an I5 commute South Lake Union is again the place to be. Good luck with your apartment search. Hope to see you soon!

Leah Hill