addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Seattle New In Town Message Board › Paddle for Autism Awareness Aug 21st (kickoff event is Aug 19th)

Paddle for Autism Awareness Aug 21st (kickoff event is Aug 19th)

Roy
zieglarnatta
Seattle, WA
Post #: 33
Hi I'm with the Seattle Recreational Kayaking group and wanted to help spread the word. Details are as follows:

Hi, my name is Henry Lin and I am a marketing coordinator for the Global Autism Project. Every year, we host a kayak event called The Paddle for Autism Awareness. This year, the event will kick off on August 21st, at the Northwest Outdoor Center.

There wasn't a big turn out last year and I really want to make a difference this year. This year, I want to cater the events to all ages and decided to break down each event base on age or experience. With no personal experience with kayaking, we are looking for volunteers to teach, educate and show how a rainy
state like Washington can still have active kayakers. Not only that, I want to help the you guys, by spreading the word about the sites and group. Just want to let you guys know a little about myself, I'm actually not getting paid for this. I am a recent college grad with no real eye catching opportunities
yet. So if you guys are interested in sponsorship, donation, or volunteering. Please let me know.

And you guys would do me a huge favor if you could forward this message to those who might be interested (whether it's individual or a corporation). Thank you for your time and patience.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the sun while you can!

http://seapaddle.eventbrite.com/­

Just let you guys know, there will be a kick off party at Kelli's Irish Pub, located in Pike Place. Kick-Off Event Thursday, August 19, 2010 5-10:30PM Kell's Irish Pub 1916 Post Alley Pike Place Market Seattle, WA 98101 Paddle Event Saturday, August 21, 2010 10AM - 4PM Northwest Outdoor Center 2100 Westlake Ave. N. Ste. 1 Seattle, WA 98109

You will have to be 21 or older to attend this kick off party. Here are the perks of coming to the kick off, the drinks will be happy hour price and for the $20 online ($25 at the door) it will come with 1 free drink, VIP (3 drink tickets): $50 online ($60 at the door). Free food will be provided! Besides food and spirit, there will be raffle prizes and a live auction. As of today till August 8th, there is an early bird special price tickets at $15.

http://www.meetup.com/Recreational-Kayaking/calendar/14213945/­