Curious to find out more about dragon boating and interested to try it? Join us for a fun day out at the London Regatta Centre.
Well, we make it very easy and straight forward for you to get that memorable experience in dragon boating with a lot of fun too through the Dragon Boating EXPERIENCE Day.
Fee: The event is free, but the usual admin fee of £3.5 to cover costs and expenses of running the group applies.
What's in store for you on our EXPERIENCE Day:
• Welcome/Introduction from our club
• Paddling techniques workshop (paddling machine)
• Important safety brief
• Get Geared up (dragon boat, paddles and buoyancy aids provided)
• A light training session on the water
• How to make it FUN' session!
• Q/A with our panel of coaches & experienced paddlers
• SOCIAL to get to know the other newbies at a local pub nearby (BEER!)
What to wear: Warm comfortable sportswear & shoes you don’t mind getting wet - preferably waterproof though not essential.
Additional info: Bring a change of clothes & toiletries- changing rooms and hot shower facilities available.
Light refreshments (bottled water) will be provided.
Royal Albert Docks - London Regatta Centre,
Parking is free at the Regatta Centre.
Nearest DLR station is Royal Albert Dock (approx 5 minutes walk)
Last but not least, bring along a few friends to share this splendid new experience with. The more the merrier!
Please note this event is organised by Curious Kat's Adventure Club and to secure your place you have to join it via this link: http://www.meetup.com/Curious-Kat-Adventure-Club/events/173355432/. Please note that only once you RSVP and pay the paypal fee on the main site your place will be confirmed.