The Orange County New Media Meetup: The Media Community Message Board › Thoughts & Afterthoughts re: Tim Keenan on Social Media Aug 20th

Thoughts & Afterthoughts re: Tim Keenan on Social Media Aug 20th

JL
Llionessa
La Puente, CA
Post #: 8
I don't know about y'all, but I've certainly had some thoughts and afterthoughts and questions after attending the joint Orange County New Media & Professional Videographers August Meetup. This discussion is focused on Tim Keenan's presentation on social media, specifically Twitter and LinkedIn.

I will be preparing the highlights from Manny Pacheco's presentation on the proper way to look at social media and internet presence, and JL Slade's (my) presentation on UpThereVideo aerial mastcam videographer. So y'all get things kicked off and let's keep up the discussion and brainstorming and sharing. Thanks everyone for a wonderful and lively Meetup!
John C.
user 5860686
Group Organizer
Mission Viejo, CA
Post #: 1
I think what I liked best about Ti'm presentation was the practical approach--demystifying it, keeping it simple and explaining how he uses it..the video is a good synopsis…John Coleman
Tim K.
user 6685055
Cypress, CA
Post #: 1
Nice recap of my ramblings! What a handsome dude, too. And shooting me from up high made me look thinner! :-)

But seriously folks - It was an honor to share what little I know about social media!
JL
Llionessa
La Puente, CA
Post #: 13
Nice recap of my ramblings! What a handsome dude, too. And shooting me from up high made me look thinner! :-)

But seriously folks - It was an honor to share what little I know about social media!
It's was a great presentation, I think you and Manny could have each done well with the entire meetup being just about your individual presentations.

I have a question. I'm like two weeks new to LinkedIn, maybe three, and you mentioned both blogs and discussions. Are they the same thing? If not, what makes them different from each other?
JL
Llionessa
La Puente, CA
Post #: 14
After going all over my profile and whatnot, I couldn't find anything about "blog" except to read others' blogs. So I did a search and found this nifty blog about how and where the posting space for blogging is. Apparently not on the profile or edit page.

https://www.linkedin....­

I still don't know though if this is the same as a discussion or if that's something else.
Tim K.
user 6685055
Cypress, CA
Post #: 2
After going all over my profile and whatnot, I couldn't find anything about "blog" except to read others' blogs. So I did a search and found this nifty blog about how and where the posting space for blogging is. Apparently not on the profile or edit page.

https://www.linkedin....­

I still don't know though if this is the same as a discussion or if that's something else.
Great link to a tutorial on Creating a BLOG in the LinkedIn environment. You can then shoot that link out to any follow on any platform - even via email.

Making "Comments" refers to two things. You can add a comment to any of your followers "posts" OR you can add you two cents to an ongoign "Discussion" which happens in the work of specialty sub-groups. Once you join a few of the "groups" you get noticed on what the current discussions are that are going on.

Here's an active Group called Film & Television Professionlas: https://www.linkedin....­